The Vice President, Student Financial Aid Services (VP, SFAS) provides strategic direction and compliance oversight of University of Phoenix's SFAS organization. This individual provides the strategic vision for and leads the execution of quality assurance and compliance efforts for operations associated with Title IV, Veterans' Affairs, Military Tuition Assistance and the Department of Defense. In addition, the VP, SFAS oversees Title IV and State financial aid cash management and third party reconciliations, student fraud investigations and internal and external audit support as it relates to compliance with Title IV, Veterans' Affairs and the Department of Defense.
- Provide the vision and strategic leadership, as well as operational oversight, for all Student Financial Administrative Services, including Title IV, Veterans' Affairs and Department of Defense compliance and quality assurance, as well as cash management, student fraud investigations and third party systems access; develop, plan, implement and oversee operations to ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable regulations and policies/procedures.
- Manage the Financial Aid Administrative function with the Department of Education.
- Oversee the development, implementation and management of a sound budget; direct the forecast and management of required funds in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Coordinate and lead all external Federal and State compliance audits for Title IV and Veterans' Affairs, including Federal Programs/OIG review; oversee the implementation and execution of all corrective actions and remediation/validation.
- Partner with colleagues throughout the University as necessary to proactively identify areas of risk or opportunities for process improvement; oversee corrective action strategy and implementation.
- Select, mentor, coach and evaluate administrative staff; establish and monitor appropriate employee performance objectives; prepare and present employee performance reviews; implement mentoring and coaching plans, or disciplinary action, where appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ten (10) years of proven management experience with direct responsibility for strategic planning, resource allocation, budget and staff development
- Experience in Title IV, Military Tuition Assistance and Veterans' Affairs requirements, including Title IV cash management requirements and Compliance Audit guidelines required
- Additional Qualifications:Master's degree
- Exceptional strategic, tactical and operational thought leadership; with an ability to create, review and interpret multi-faceted data to anticipate and identify issues, assess opportunities and develop/execute appropriate solutions
- High level of conceptual, analytical and critical thinking skills to translate short- and long-term strategic goals into actionable items
- Strong communication skills to foster key working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, articulate University policies and procedures to external parties and influence key decision-making.