Vice President, Strategy & Operations - Center for Inclusive Growth
The mission of the Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth (“Center”) is to advance equitable and sustainable economic growth and financial inclusion around the world. As an independent subsidiary of Mastercard, we combine data, expertise, technology and philanthropic investments to empower a community of thinkers, leaders and innovators working on the front lines of inclusive growth.
Igniting broad-based economic growth presents one of the most complex and urgent challenges of our time. We seek to uncover workable approaches by investing in innovative research and programs and connecting the know-how and experience of four key stakeholder groups: government, academia, business, and NGOs.
The Vice President, Strategy & Operations for the Center of Inclusive Growth will provide strategic leadership as a member of the Center’s senior management team. This includes development and implementation of strategies to support the Center’s growth and evolving business.
The Vice President, Strategy & Operations will play a leading role in the formulation, analytical review, preparation and integration of the Center’s strategy; will lead projects or major work streams related to emerging strategic issues and business area strategies as needed; and will undertake strategic reviews as requested by management.
• Oversee the day to day operations of the Center to meet business and social impact goals
• Manage operations, finance, grants compliance process for newly created Corporate Foundation
• Develop a roadmap and oversee implementation to ensure alignment of initiatives across the Center
• Works closely with the Center’s senior management team and Board of Directors to develop and implement Corporate Philanthropy and program strategy to support mission and goals of the Organization
• Forecasts, tracks and evaluates philanthropic contributions across the Company
• Develop analytics and framework to prioritize Center initiatives
• Design and implement monitoring and evaluation metrics to improve relevant key performance indicators to drive rigorous, data based recommendations
• Put procedures and resources in place to promote maximum efficiency across the organization
• Develop relevant internal and external relationships and leverage business capabilities to empower the Center staff with resources they need to successfully complete initiatives
• Develop the Center’s strategy and objectives and communicate them to internal and external parties
• Guide organizational policies in support of the Company’s global strategy of Doing Well by Doing Good
All about you
• Demonstrated experience with operational procedures including contractual, financial, and compliance at all levels of the organization
• Experience with or deep knowledge of corporate foundation processes and protocols
• Knowledge of development community, financial inclusion and payments industry a plus
• Strong analytical and data-driven mindset that translates into leadership skills
• Effective process, work flow, and systems designer; good at measuring progress; a master at the effectiveness and efficiency of work systems; can quickly diagnose and fix a work flow problem
• Acts with urgency; is emotionally intelligent and agile
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility; team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
• Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior management and business partners
• Ability to inspire employees to live up to their potential and optimize their productivity
• MBA / Advanceddegreerequired