WarnerMedia is comprised of Warner Bros, WarnerMedia Entertainment and WarnerMedia News & Sports. Together these business units are leaders in the industry in creating premium content, operate one of the world's largest TV and film studios and own a vast library of entertainment. WarnerMedia is one of four distinct business units operating under AT&T Inc.
Posting Job Description
Vice President, Strategy & Corporate Development
EVP Strategy & Corporate Development
Please apply online only and do not email hiring executive directly!
The strategy and corporate development function is charged with the development of WarnerMedia's corporate strategy by working across the company's four business units to understand and evaluate our competitive position in light of changing market dynamics and an overall imperative to drive growth. The group is also responsible for evaluating and executing acquisitions, investments and partnerships to support the company's strategies. The Vice President will be a key member of this team and will work closely with the WarnerMedia corporate team and business executives across the company to drive important and often cross-divisional strategic initiatives.
This highly visible position will involve working closely with the WarnerMedia Executive Team and key functions across all divisions to develop and implement global business strategy and help steer the corporate direction. This position will be responsible for providing leadership around every aspect of mergers and acquisitions for WarnerMedia including playing a lead role in identifying, planning and executing M&A transactions
The role involves working closely with divisional executives at WarnerMedia, as well AT&T corporate.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Evaluating WarnerMedia's asset mix and opportunities around new businesses and extensions of existing businesses.
· Identifying in collaboration with EVP and other senior executives, strategies and portfolio opportunities that will profitably grow the corporation in alignment with the strategic plan.
· Assessing fit, feasibility, and financial impact of new corporate and divisional strategic investments and making appropriate recommendations.
· Collaborating with strategy and M&A executives across AT&T on cross-divisional projects or transactions, business development activities to build external relationships in the TMT sector including sourcing potential acquisitions and partnership opportunities.
· Conducting and overseeing financial analyses, including the development of detailed financial and operating models, valuations and ad hoc analyses as required.
· Manage interaction with WarnerMedia and AT&T business units and corporate groups including Tax, Accounting, Legal, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis and Investor Relations on transactions.
· Working on variety of high-level special projects including competitive due diligence.
· Working closely with, and mentoring, junior team members to develop their analytical skills, industry knowledge and leadership abilities.
The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, strategically minded yet also operationally-oriented, and highly collaborative. They will be a well-rounded corporate executive with the ability to lead strategic analyses as well as execute transactions. They will have significant deal background and interpersonal skills to excel in a multi-faceted corporation with significant experience leading matrixed deal teams. This person will have demonstrated success executing all aspects of transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, strategic investments, joint ventures, and other strategic alliances. They will handle stressful situations in a professional and balanced manner and will serve as a mentor, leader, and partner across the organization in a dynamic environment. Always willing to roll up their sleeves with an attention to excellence at all levels
· 10+ years of M&A/corporate development experience.
· Experience in the TMT sector is helpful.
· Strategic thinking capability balanced with tactical and implementation/execution skills.
· Exceptional influencing skills and preferred experience working cross functionally across many areas and levels of an organization.
· Must have excellent analytical skills and a logical thought process.
· Specific expertise in developing strategic alternatives with cross functional implications and financial impact
· Exceptional leadership and management skills.
Bachelor's degree, MBA and or other advance degree strongly preferred
WarnerMedia intends to attract a superior Vice President, Strategy & Corporate Development, and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package including a base salary, plus bonus.