The VP, Strategic Marketing will report to the Chief Marketing Officer, and will ultimately be responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of a fully integrated marketing strategy for RealPage, Inc across its major product groups and market verticals. This role will also lead the creation all brand management and marketing campaigns requiring an understanding of digital tactics, content strategy, lead generation, and analytics. Building effective partnerships with Product Marketing and Sales will also be critical to ensure consistent and flawless execution. The successful candidate will be a natural leader and will bring operational expertise, as well as creative acumen, brand management experience, and a deep understanding of market positioning.
• Lead the organization in developing a comprehensive, integrated marketing plan that includes product, customer and market strategies to enable targeted marketing.
• Define marketing strategies to support the company’s overall strategies and objectives
• Implement measurable marketing strategies that drive bookings and long-term revenue growth
• Drive customer, channel, and market vertical segment specific strategies complete with market sizing and customer/buyer journey segmentation
• Coordinate marketing campaigns with product and sales activities
• Create and publish all marketing materials in line with marketing plans developed
• Plan and implement promotional campaigns across a variety of media platforms
• Manage and improve lead generation and acquisition campaigns.
• Monitor and report on effectiveness of all marketing communication strategies
• Align with overall business goals and ensure every touch point will deliver against the business objectives
• Establish connections and proactively communicate with other senior leaders within the organization.
• Work closely with Product Marketing, Product Management and Sales on new products and develop the marketing story and communication for all product lines.
• Be an enterprise-level problem solver having a can-do, solution oriented mindset
• Constantly look for ways to do things more efficiently and effectively.
• Drive impact through inquiry; ask probing questions and push others to be their best selves.
• Be nimble and flexible; adapt quickly to changing circumstances or new insights.
• Operate in a prioritized fashion; know what you are trying to get done and focus your resources.
• Be in the details and hands on; think strategically but drive to action.
• Through active coaching and leadership, enhance the skills and capabilities of the team.
• Create an empowering team culture that encourages ownership and responsibility within the team.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor s Degree required, preferably in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or relevant field; MBA preferred
• 10+ years of management experience in marketing
• 5+ years in senior marketing role
• Experience in high-tech, fast growth start-ups and in public companies a plus.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Building and leading a diverse, strategic marketing organization
• Strong leadership qualities with a bias for results and execution, and the humility and confidence to put team success ahead of self.
• Skilled at establishing and implementing strategic and complex marketing communications programs that generate business results.
• Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment and a demonstrated track record of leading and successfully driving change within a marketing organization.
• A proven track record of aligning an organization and key stakeholders around a brand and marketing strategy
• Strategic, innovative and creative thinker with strong business sense and excellent financial skills
• Strong project management, data analysis and reporting skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and is deadline and detail-oriented
• Strong executive presence with effective communication skills
• Strong Financial Management Skills
• Exudes a confident and collaborative mindset