End-to-end ownership of the relationship(s) and respective account team(s); demonstrating the ability to develop, implement, and lead both day-to-day and long-term strategic initiatives that foster a mutually beneficial partnership. Propel revenue and profitability improvements year over year that meet or exceed annual targets by capturing the total addressable market and harvesting the revenue and profit potential of the partnership.
- Understands the HCM provider org structure and dynamics and has built relationships with key stakeholders within two months in the position
- Is responsible for the overall success of the partnership from a growth and profitability perspective
- Collaborates across departments within PlanSource to support and protect the assigned relationships
- Assists in sales presentations, deal making and other client-specific sales activities when requested
- Travels to the HCM provider's headquarters, to PlanSource's headquarters or to other locations as required to facilitate business review meetings, strategic planning sessions or any other activity related to the success of the partnership
- Reports statistics and other requested information internally to the EVP of Strategic Partnerships, Chief Commercial Officer and other executives on the successes and areas of improvements related to the assigned relationships
- Is fully capable of forecasting and modeling growth, financial targets and critical milestones in three-year increments
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis. Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel
- Manages effectively the dangers, strengths and opportunities present with the relationship and develops detailed account plans and ability to track against them
- Conducts an end-to-end audit of the strategic account; develops 3 high-impact initiatives to improve results within 3 months in the role
- In addition to the below, responsibilities for this role will be in service of the Outcomes listed above
- The candidate will be intimately familiar with our contract and terms for the assigned HCM provider relationship
- This role will need to partner with many internal and external leaders to design and execute strategy in coordination and partnerships with existing teams and structures
- Beyond the strategic account team, this role will need to build strong partnerships with the assigned relationship(s), other such leaders inside the PlanSource organization, internal operations teams, product and software development teams, sales teams and PlanSource distributors
The desired candidate must:
- Have deep domain experience in the benefits industry, with experience working for, partnering with or selling benefits administration software
- Have a proven track record managing major accounts with responsibilities that include driving revenue growth, managing the P&L, and building and managing a strategic accounts team
The desired candidate should:
- Have demonstrated initiative, ability to drive results, and strong leadership in past work
- Be comfortable and confident navigating complex situations, executing against performance targets, and reporting to executives and board members
- Be an effective communicator with a demonstrated ability to build relationships at the executive level
- Bachelor's in Business and / or equivalent work experience
- Experience in the benefits technology industry
- Experience working with HCM technology providers a plus
- Background in a leveraged distribution model
- 10 years of sales, account management and relationship management experience, particularly in the benefits industry
- Track-record of meeting or exceed performance targets and goals
- Experience using data to manage the business (sales forecasting, pipeline management, bookings, etc.) and to inform key decisions
What We Offer
- Great compensation package, including a full suite of health benefits and generous 401(k) Plan.
- 3 weeks of accrued PTO in the first year.
- The chance to work for a fast-growing, established tech company, and work side-by-side with a dynamic team of talented professionals.
- Fast-paced environment with big goals and the opportunity make a big impact.
Top five reasons to come to PlanSource
#5: The size is right. Join an established tech company that's growing fast but is still small enough for you to have a big impact.
#4: You can grow and develop professionally. PlanSource has a great track record of internal promotions within the company and within the company.
#3: The benefits industry is on fire. Ongoing regulatory changes create an urgent and pervasive need in the marketplace for technology.
#2: PlanSource has the right product. Show off our sophisticated cloud-based technology that has a mobile-friendly UI and meets the needs of even the most complex benefit programs.
#1: PlanSource is the right company. Join an up-and-coming high-growth technology company that is well funded and values its employees and their families.