With a powerful combination of DigitalExperience, Cloud Networking, and Cloud Edge solutions, Riverbed – The Digital Performance Company – provides a modern IT architecture for the digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility and visibility, while dramatically accelerating business performance and outcomes. As businesses transform digitally and experiment with new technologies, they partner with Riverbed to push boundaries, increase performance, and rethink possible.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue and 30,000+ customers – including 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of the Forbes Global 100.
About this Position
Vice President / Sr. Director Quality Engineering
Riverbed is actively seeking a Sr. Director/VP QA Engineer to help build, innovate and manager the automation framework for our SD-WAN products. We are looking for an experienced Engineer Leader with an interest in SD-WAN, Network Automation, Scalability and Performance. As a key leader of this team, you will be in charge of automating the complete solution and customer use cases end-to-end, testing software components that run in the cloud as well as on appliances across the control, management and data planes.
- Management for an international, highly skilled and motivated team of QA/Automation engineers
- Ownership of new feature QA Activities as well as current product engineering
- Collaborate with QA teams to define, design, develop, document, and maintain the QA automation and test automation frameworks.
- Automate end-to-end Solutions and customer use cases
- Expand existing and develop new automation frameworks to support development and execution of automated tests
- Performance and scale testing
- Responsible for validating the end-to-end SD-WAN Solution customer use cases
- Work in a startup like environment and reporting into Director of SteelFusion Engg. at Bangalore
- Role Involves all aspects of QA: Functional, Stress/Scale/Performance, Regression & Automation
- Be the Custodian of product/feature release quality and continual quality improvement activities
- Plan and deliver New Feature Automation and improve product automation coverage
- Engineering management and technical leadership and mentoring to the QA team
- Active collaboration with Dev. teams locally and remotely in resolving product quality issues
- Coordination & communication with Stake holders, Engineering Partners at both USA and India
- Interfacing with Customers, System Engineers, Support Org and Product Management teams
- Tech or M.Tech degree in CS/CE/EE/ with min. 10 years of Product Dev/QA experience
- At least 2 years of experience as a first line QA manager for a Storage/Server product
- Able to connect with Technology and with People equally and get things done
- Good understanding of QA, Automation, and Dev processes including Release processes
- Ability to analyze disparate data sets, test results and quickly focus in on areas of anomalies.
- Strong communication (Written and Oral), coordination and collaboration skills
- Able to work in a fast paced and dynamic startup kind of environment
- People Management: Hiring, Ramp-up and Performance Management of team members
- Planning, Scheduling, Tracking and status reporting of deliverables and milestones
- Good understanding of QA/Dev processes, Tools and engineering best practices
- Proficiency in Python is a must ; 7+ years in Test Automation roles
- Networking domain knowledge: TCP/UDP, Routing and Switching protocols
- Working experience in developing and/or maintaining any automation test infrastructure.
- Working experience on virtualization technologies such as KVM, Hyper V, ESXi and OpenStack
- Experience working with CI/CD tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Bamboo and building test automation into CI/CD pipelines
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in Quality Assurance and ability to learn new technologies
- Experience working in an Agile Development environment
- Previous work experience with Storage (iSCSI/FC, File systems), Virtualization (ESX, Hyper V) or Data protection (Snapshots, Backup applications, replication etc.)
- Technical guidance to team members (Test Setups/Configs, Test/Automation reviews) when appropriate and needed
- Tools/Automation development and maintenance experience in Perl/Python
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile methodologies
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.