Our Information Technology team is in the early stages of a digital transformation and is looking to hire a Vice President, Software Engineering & Platforms to play a critical role in getting the vision realized. Reporting to the CIO, in this role you will set the overall direction for all things related to software engineering for each of our business units (Health Benefits, Voluntary Benefits, Small Business Benefits & HealthFitness). In this key role, you’ll partner with technical and business leadership across the enterprise on strategy development and execution.
Ideally you came up as an Engineer, began to manage people, eventually climbed the leadership ladder while still maintaining technical expertise – and at this point in your career, you’re confident in your abilities to have total SW Engineering ownership while leading a staff of around 40 people.
We are very open to candidates that live outside of the Chicago area, with the expectation that you'd travel here once or twice per quarter when we return to some sort of in office structure.
- Define the overall strategy and leadership for the software engineering services organization.
- Working with our business partners and enterprise architecture, develop technology plans in support of key business objectives with consideration of external trends and technical advances.
- Provide technical leadership and strategic guidance on application solutions, architectures, integration strategies, governance, quality assurance and business support processes.
- Integrate disparate engineering teams with diverse practices, technology and toolsets into a cohesive, collaborative, standards based development organization.
- Work with third parties to manage delivery of transform, build and run activities.
- Work closely with CISO to ensure Trustmark assets are protected.
- Recruit, mentor, develop and retain talented engineers.
- Act as an agent of change deploying transformational IT capabilities while cultivating Agile Application Development methodologies across the organization.
- Create an innovative engineering culture of technology innovation and excellence, characterized as highly collaborative, execution-focused and best in class.
- Manage budget, roadmaps, timelines, and overall execution of your team.
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, or other rigorous discipline. An advanced degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership experience on top of a strong technical background.
- Strong collaboration and confident communication skills.
- Passionate about leveraging various technologies to build great products.
- Demonstrated track record of developing talent internally, along with attracting top talent externally.
- Strong knowledge of the Agile and DevSecOps methodologies.
- Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.