Vice President, Software Engineering
15+ years experience •
Here is an exciting opportunity for you to engineer transaction switching services using technology and expertise. Join our global engineering group in building massively scalable, highly available cloud native solutions architected for highest security and low latency.
You will lead the planning, design, development, and deployment of applications and business systems in support of core network connectivity and global transaction switching services. Provide leadership through strong organizational and technology management skills. Work with partners, vendors, and peers to develop and coordinate strategy, architecture, roadmap, budget, and execution. As an inspirational leader, you will ignite technology transformation focused on delivering new and innovative solutions to support the broader goals of the business.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
• Domain expertise: Developing a deep understanding of how payments network connectivity and transaction switching environments operate.
• Technology leadership: Providing technical leadership for solving complex problems and guiding engineering staff.
• Solutions execution & delivery: Owning the organization development & delivery of a variety of concurrent initiatives in varying scale. Overseeing the implementation of new customer connectivity that feeds into the transaction switching environment.
• Conceptualize, define and oversee the development, configuration and implementation of new technologies and platforms supporting the transformation of the business. Shape the project definition aligned to the target state architecture and to meet the business outcomes.
• Lead the overall systems development life cycle from understanding business/technical requirements including architecture, drive engineering design, configuration, code delivery, testing and deployment for enterprise applications.
• Own executive level communication and interaction for delivery and support including consulting, understanding and translating business needs into achievable, sustainable and innovative technical solutions and capability roadmaps.
• In partnership with the Architecture, continually assess and evaluate the impact of emerging technologies against the strategic business needs and interpret business value for the leadership team in a consultative capacity.
• Coordinate implementation of system enhancements & upgrades to assure optimal system performance, security and reliability.
• Serves as the key technical interface between IT and all business functions to determine current and future technology needs.
• Implement and maintain enterprise application roadmaps, including capacity planning and modeling to support short and longer term growth requirements.
• Lead efforts to ensure the workplace environment supports a highly motivated and effective workforce focused on continuous improvement and best practices.
• Provide strong leadership to the various team members through mentoring, career development, interpersonal skills, teamwork ethic, and enabling leadership skills.
• Identify, coach and groom top talent and pro-actively develops employees as organizational resources
• Lead multiple employees to perform at their best and manage costs to be most optimal with a balance of vendor and employee blend.
• Actively engage in vendor management activities, including vendor selection, contract content negotiation and ongoing vendor relationship management.
• 15+ years engineering experience, preferably in high volume, low latency transaction processing systems (such as payments transaction switching, high frequency trading systems or global real time event streaming systems etc.)
• 10+ years’ experience building/leading software development engineering teams with a proven history of delivering enterprise-grade solutions and applications that comply with all legal, regulatory and audit standards common to the global financial services industry.
• Knowledge of optimal network/datacenter designs for speed, availability and performance requirements
• Experienced in building platforms with micro service architecture and APIs using cloud-native approaches running on Linux, Apache Tomcat environments along with virtualization like Kubernetes, Docker etc.
• Experienced in Apache Kafka, application development in C++, Java etc.
• Wide knowledge of networking technologies and messaging protocols
• Understanding of the Linux networking stack, system configuration, and socket programming
• Demonstrated experience formulating technology strategy and architecture
• Experience with software development methodologies, particularly with Agile, Scaled Agile methodologies.
• Delivered scalable products that were deployed on-prem and cloud infrastructure. Automate Everything (CI/CD): Ensure quality across the full stack of your products and platform via rigorous automated software build, testing (unit, functional, integration), using continuous integration and automated deployment & automated monitoring practices.
• Experience building highly skilled technology teams and working with vendors.
• Bachelors in Computer Science (Master Degree, preferred)
• Multi-tasker capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously both on-time and on-budget
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Takes on ownership and accountability, pride in the products you build.
• Has great intuition for execution and seeing problems ahead of time.
• Move with urgency, action oriented.
• Spends time developing his people. Servant leader.
• Empowers technologists to make decisions.
• Demands MORE of herself / himself and everyone else.
• Believes in continuous improvement and holds a very high bar.