Ketchum is looking for a Vice President/ Senior Vice President of Business Developmentto join our Growth team to be the head of new business for the New York office. This role will work in close collaboration with the head of new business for North America as well as members of the new business team across all offices in North America. This is an amazing opportunity for a leader that has agency life in their blood, someone who is a natural networker and is motivated by the thrill of the hunt and win.
This is the perfect role for someone that can command the new business process from RFI/RFP through the pitch. The ideal candidate must have exceptional communications skills, be a true multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is a great relationship builder.
We are looking for someone who is highly creative and self-motivated, an engaging team collaborator, a strong presenter, and not afraid to shake things up to ensure our teams do their best to win.
This visionary would be recognized as a thought leader in the space, that can cultivate relationships, provide senior strategic counsel, drive new business development and attract, manage and mentor a team of high caliber talent.
About the Job
- Drive the business development process for the New York team; in some cases, leading the process and in other cases overseeing other business development staff
- Build a culture of growth and collaborate with Industry Leaders on strategy to improve win rate, ROI and other office/region-specific goals
- Motivate teams to work constructively by coaching and counseling on best practices; ensure maximization of Ketchum’s network of resources
- Exhibit strong communications skills to effectively articulate ideas to colleagues, prospects and others
Outreach and Marketing
- Assist with identifying target organizations and key prospects with the potential to generate revenue and ensure a consistent, organized approach to prospect outreach
- Work with Industry Leaders to identify sector white space areas and top prospect lists
- Conceptualize and execute local marketing events highlighting agency resources and innovation
- Attend local events on behalf of Ketchum and network effectively to generate leads with prospects and secure partnerships with agency partners
- Participate in DAS/Omnicom networking groups, including planning and hosting Ketchum-sponsored events to achieve holding company visibility and grow the number of leads for the office/region
- Guide pitch leader and pitch team through Ketchum’s pitch approach; provide rehearsal/guidance as needed
- Facilitate appropriate resources (research, creative, etc.) for all prospects and pitch opportunities
- Organize responses and pitches, creating new content as needed
- Become a trusted coach and counselor on the overall business development process
- Establish leadership role in agency’s new business network, sharing best practices and successes with group
- Work with Industry Leaders on annual new business strategy and plan
- Partner with HR to recruit and develop top talent and provide career coaching to direct reports and team members as appropriate
- Evaluate team employees’ performance and support their career development
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field preferred. Master’s degree in a communications field desirable
- At least 10+ years of experience of agency and/or corporate public relations experience
- Proven track record in growing business
- Direct experience in building and managing teams
- Successful track record at building and presenting concepts/programs for clients and new business opportunities and effectively counseling and selling social/digital media concepts to client
- Proven ability to make a professional and positive impression with senior management within potential client organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead new business teams in the pitch process
- Excellent verbal, written, project management and presentation skills to effectively and succinctly articulate ideas and deadlines to colleagues, prospects and others #LI-ML IND13
As a global communications consultancy with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum is a trusted partner who is equal parts creative and analytical. Ketchum is a place where all perspectives and points of view are welcome and encouraged. We are a collection of communications specialists, content creators, creatives, researchers, data analysts, media pros, digital strategists, issues and crisis counselors, and tech nerds. And we love when those worlds collide to create the very best teams and solutions for our clients. We work with the world’s leading brands, emerging start-ups, and everything in between. We are beyond proud to have created some of the most celebrated and award-winning campaigns in our industry. We’re just crazy enough to think we can impact the world – and how it responds to ideas – through communication.
We encourage our employees to be curious, brave, inspiring, and a force for good. Let’s talk. Come belong at Ketchum!
What we offer
- Robust benefits program
- Generous time off policies
- Retirement program with company match
- Workplace flexibility
- Business casual dress code
- Workplace and off-site social gatherings
- Yoga @ work
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Transit benefits