UserTesting enables companies to put their customers at the center of every business decision by leveraging the power of human insights. The most advanced on-demand customer insights platform, UserTesting enables product managers, UX researchers and designers, marketers, and digital executives to connect with their exact target customer in a matter of hours and uncover actionable insights that drive ROI. More than 35,000 companies have adopted UserTesting to make smarter business decisions throughout the design and development of their digital experiences as well as in their marketing messaging and competitive positioning.
What makes the difference between a product that's engaging, compelling, and easy to use and one that's frustrating, broken, and complicated? The answer is user experience. Here at UserTesting, our mission is to help our customers create great experiences.
As our Vice President or Senior Director of Research and Professional Services, you will be responsible for the overall vision, leadership and day-to-day management of UserTesting's research and professional services organization. You'll be responsible for successful service delivery and service revenue attainment. Key to your success will also be your experience, and passion for, User Research.
What you'll do:
- Lead a rapidly growing Professional Services Business Unit within a SaaS company. Own P&L, Service creation/evolution, and brand positioning.
- Provide leadership and direction for services delivery and profitability for UserTestings UX Research organization responsible for helping our clients at any stage of their project to uncover who they are, what they need, and what usability issues they face
- Demonstrate thought leadership in creating value-add offerings to
- Work with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing and the Executive team to develop and execute a plan for revenue generation
- Manage and lead a large (~50) professional services team that includes project management, user research, user loyalty, moderated testing, and custom panel recruitment
- Identify opportunities and risks essential for the successful delivery of services to our customers
- Grow deep relationships with customers
- Develop the skills and competencies of your management team and their direct reports through training, and development
- Some travel required
- Bachelors degree (MBA a plus) with 7+ years progressive professional services/service delivery background
- 2+ years P&L Management Experience
- Experience in UX, usability, market research, or related is a must
- Executive-level experience building, leading and managing a high performing professional services organization within a SaaS environment
- Passion for delivering customer satisfaction
- Proven leadership ability
- Demonstrated skills in developing and implementing methodologies and processes for continuous improvement
- Experience in developing and implementing a training program
- Background in leading a customer success organization is ideal
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities