BNP Paribas Securities Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, is a leading global custodian and securities services provider backed by the strength of an integrated bank. It provides multi asset post trade and asset servicing solutions for institutional participants in the investment cycle, from the buy-side and sell-side to corporates and issuers. Covering over 100 markets, offices in 34 countries and over 8,800 employees, the BNP Paribas network is one of the most extensive in the industry. We bring together local insight and a global network to enable clients to maximize their market and investment opportunities worldwide.
Securities Operations handles asset setup and trade data entry in the accounting system, trade settlements, margin and collateral movements, corporate actions sourcing, instruction and processing, proxy voting and reconciliation, equity and fixed income pricing, and facilitation of the fair valuation process. The Manager will provide oversight of department processing, coordination of projects, staff development and training, as well as assist the Securities Operations Director in developing a strategic plan for the department.
- Develop and communicate department risk policies, procedures and best practices in order to reduce operational risk. Assess existing processes and create new ones that most effectively anticipate, manage and reduce risk to Janus.
- Work with Supervisors and Seniors to ensure adherence to established departmental procedures and quality standards.
- Act as liaison with other Operations teams as well as clients and Front Office personnel.
- Develop business requirements and review functional specifications needed to support the implementation of system enhancements and new projects.
- Work with Operational teams to coordinate all aspects of projects, including developing project proposals, business requirement, and ensure the smooth integration into departmental workflows. Establish and maintain communication with all departments and individuals involved in assigned projects, including coordinating external vendors and consultants as appropriate.
- Partner with colleagues overseas to ensure cohesive global operating model
- Ensure high quality of work from the team by focusing on problem resolution and escalation of issues.
- Support team through frequent, open and clear communication and by providing training and development opportunities.
- Make recommendations regarding hiring, termination, salary actions and other personnel issues
Minimum required qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent required
- Proven track record of strong service delivery skills to internal and external partners.
- Experience with both 40Act mutual funds as well as institutional accounts
- Extensive knowledge of the mutual fund industry including Fund Accounting, Trade Management, and Middle Office operations
- Strong computer skills including MS Word and Excel
- Well-developed skills in prioritization, organization, decision making, time management and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Team leader with a proven ability to train, supervise, motivate and evaluate team dynamics
- Five years related mutual fund and/or accounting supportexperience
- Two years supervisory experiencepreferred