The Vice President position is responsible for directing all of the administrative functions of the corporation in accordance with industry standards, where applicable, regulatory agencies, as appropriate and company objectives and policies.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's administration function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a tactical partner in evaluating and advising on the impact of long-range planning and regulatory action on the areas of responsibility.
- Develop credibility for the administration group by providing timely and accurate analyses of budgets, project proposals and business trends in the multiple administrative areas in order to assist the CEO/president and the board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation. Of particular note would be the use of external, proprietary software for facility, logistics, contracts, real estate and human resource management.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the board as an effective developer of solutions to administrative business challenges. This would include the assessment of "out-sourcing" of the various activities and functions if such external support would be the most effective method of providing the proper level of services at the appropriate cost.
- Provide technical/professional advice and knowledge to others within the various administrative areas and discipline.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process for the administrative operation through education of department managers on budgetary issues impacting their budgets and ongoing departmental performance to the budget.
- Evaluate the present and future needs for real estate, owned or leased, on a worldwide basis.
- In the area of real estate and facility management, determine adequacy of location from the perspectives of marketing and sales, logistics and human resources for both present as well as future needs of the organization.
- Manage the company's ongoing relationships with national (and international as appropriate), state and local governmental officials and organizations by monitoring legislation for appropriate comment and action of the respective departments of the company, coordinating the company's communication with governmental officials on various matters (excluding taxation and legal matters) and presenting the company's viewpoint on legislative matters.
- Act as the company spokesperson for media communication excluding financial, investor relations and legal matters and represent the company in community related activities.
- Manage stockholder services activities to include stockholder communications and record keeping but excluding the legal and financial aspects of the corporate secretarial and investor relations functions respectively.
- Advise, negotiate, manage and administer all contracts into which the corporation may enter. Counsel with the CFO on financial matters associated with the financial viability of entering into such contracts.
- Oversee the entire human resources function and activities but manage all of the specific activities pertaining to the officers of the corporation.
- Evaluate the administrative division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Financial Management.
- Project Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- 12+ years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in several of the administrative areas and at the highest level of a corporation.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's degree.