Job ID #: 13544
About the role
As the Vice President Sales Operations you play a key role in the success of our sales force by directing our investments to improve effectiveness and managing functions to drive productivity. Your contribution includes planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, and sales compensation design and allocation. You empower the overall productivity and effectiveness of the Arm sales organization. You report to the Senior Vice President of Sales and Strategic Alliances. You foster close working relationships with internal and external people and manage a global team of individual contributors and Directors.
What is this role about?
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization. Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes and tools employed within Arm.
- Provides counsel to the SVP of Sales and Strategic Alliances in implementing objectives that reflect business goals.
- Equitably assigns sales quotas and ensures that financial objectives are optimally allocated through the quota program. Oversees sales compensation plan administration. Works closely with sales leadership and People team to establish training plans and sales incentive programs.
- Partners with senior leadership to uncover opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates successful launch and implementation of new programs by ensuring a well-defined, efficient process is in place.
- Champions an organization of continuous process improvement and prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of our organization's productivity.
- Recommends changes and improvements to Arm’s Customer Relationship Management technology platform.
- Optimizes deployment of sales personnel. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to improve sales productivity.
What are you accountable for?
- You achieve sales bookings, golden design wins, and strategic objectives.
- You implement sales organization quotas and performance objectives.
- You launch initiatives that positively impact your sales organization.
- You efficiently allocate technology, support, and training resources.
- You enable accurate and on-time reporting for our effectiveness.
How does this role fit into our organization?
- This opportunity reports to our Senior VP of Sales and Strategic Alliances and directly manages our Directors of Sales Operations. The team directs the support of internal sales specialists, implementation resources, and other sales and management resources as needed, coordinating with the appropriate management resources.
What are your skills, experience, and qualifications?
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution; master’s in business administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum five years of sales, technology licensing or sales management experience in a technology business-to-business sales environment.
- Minimum five years in a sales operation, business planning, or sales supportmanagement role.
- Experience successfully leading analytically rigorous corporate initiatives.
- Ability to travel to support the global organization
- Track record of fostering close, harmonious relationships with peer leaders and other senior executives
Arm is proud to have a rich set of core beliefs, translated for leaders as follows…
We, not I
- Connect Arm's work with the impact it has on the world
- Lead globally from within, not from above
- Even if you can do anything, don’t do everything
- Cultivate our diversity, inclusion makes the biggest difference
Passion for progress
- Think long-term, see widescreen
- Take in ambiguity. Give out clarity
- Be the casting director; agree the outcome and then let the team perform
- Inspire people and teams to find their brilliance. Then dare them to go further