The Vice President of Sales (Medicare Advantage) provides leadership for the sales organization of the Clever Care Health Plan to achieve membership and topline revenue targets. This position reports directly to the CEO and serve as a key thought partner to the executive team. This position is located in Arcadia, CA.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Develop the strategic sales plan to achieve the membership targets established by Board of Directors.
• Develop successful sales strategies to optimize sales environments in which face to face engagement may be limited due to Covid or other circumstances.
• Provide leadership to FMOs and independent brokers/agents. Negotiate FMO contracts and marketing coop programs.
• Collaborate with key PCP partners to achieve mutual growth in market.
• Collaborate with Marketing team for campaigns, methods and collaterals to be used in the sales process to ensure a consistent branding across advertising campaigns including media buys, community-based/grass-root marketing, collateral development, messaging, and other features.
• Ensure compliance with CMS and State guidelines and requirements. Maintain compliant procedures, documentation and workflows for sales.
• Develop an annual marketing and sales calendar
• Develop a customer relationship management approach leveraging existing infrastructure and tools to track outreach attempts, “no thank you,” “do not contact,” and other requests to maintain a highly ethical and compliant sales organization.
• Develop staffing and training strategy necessary to implement and successfully execute the sales plan and meet or exceed the membership targets
• Develop compensation schedule recommendations including base salary and commission or bonus structure for various levels of staff.
• Develop and execute a recruitment strategy to ensure that qualified, licensed and professional sales force is on boarded across the three target markets prior to AEP.
• Develop training materials that both comply with the CMS requirements and the business needs of the Company to address compliance, cultural competency, Models of Care, and specific product details and company culture.
• Provide competitive intelligence regarding product attributes in the target markets.
• Collaborate with the Compliance Officer to establish training, audit and response procedures related to marketing-related activities and grievances.
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 year experience in senior leadership position at Medicare Advantage Sales organizations.
• Licensure in California.
• Strong compliance record.
• History of achieving or exceeding membership targets.
• Proven ability for creativity and flexibility in sales strategy and implementation.
• Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Strong knowledge of industry standards and guidelines.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication abilities.
• Familiarity with a variety of computer applications/software.
• Detail-oriented, well-organized, strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to foster strong relationships.
Valid through: 4/26/2021