Vice President of Sales
Spectrum Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach’s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding Revenue/Expense and Cash Flow goals set forth for local, regional and national lines of business. The Orlando Region has a revenue target of $95 MM including linear, digital and political.
- Serves as a key member of the sales leadership team and as a trusted business advisor and partner to Regional Vice President of Sales for Florida.
- Partner with the Regional Vice President to lead the development of annual revenue, expense and cash flowbudgets, forecasts and long range projections for Florida.
- Collaborate with the Tampa Region Vice President to provide strategic leadership and insights to assess, develop and implement long-term and short-term sales strategies and plans that impact Spectrum Reach ability to achieve revenue targets.
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership across the Orlando Region leading both sales and non-sales functions. Team includes Directors of Sales, Local Sales Managers, Account Executive and the Sales Support team. Team size ranges from 90-100 employees.
- Responsibilities include: supervision, interviewing/hiring, training, development, motivation, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Work with leaders of Operations, Finance, Marketing, HR and Product to ensure alignment and integration of sales strategy with resources, products and services, and infrastructure.
- Ongoing development and implementation of sales systems, accountability standards and best practices.
- Assist the Regional Vice President with region workforce planning. Invest in the long-term development of current and emerging leaders through mentoring, coaching, and continuous feedback.
- Maintain high level of visibility and professionalism in the community and with clients. Build and maintain strong relationships with prospects and customers to position Spectrum Reach as the partner of choice. Identify, develop and cultivate new business opportunities/new channels for Business Development and revenue generation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 12+ years in related media management and/or advertising salesexperience, with a proven successful track record of meeting and exceeding goals.
- 8+ years of Sales leadership experience.
- Proven track record of inspiring and building client strategy teams.
- Managed large sales organization (30+ employees) with a track record of success.
- Deep knowledge of advertising infrastructure, ad operations, data analytics, yield analysis, advanced Digital media platforms, Interactive Media, DRTV, client & relationship development.\\
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills. Critical thinking, problem solving, and superior customer focus.
- Strong strategic, interpersonal, communication, collaboration, presentation and time-management skills and ability to execute initiatives within the team and company as well as customers.
- Strong influencer with experience working with a geographically distributed sales team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced degree, such as a MBA, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.