The Vice President, Sales (Higher Ed) position provides executive oversight and Sales leadership to the PowerSchool HigherEd business. This senior leadership role is part of the HigherEd executive team and participates in organizational strategy and overall operational planning. This role is responsible for creating and leading the strategic direction and output of Sales Account Executives on our HigherEd solutions for colleges and universities in North America.
The Vice President, HigherEd Sales is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the Sales organization. This position also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled. The incumbent will lead Sales team productivity based on planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting new sales talent.
This position ensures that our Account Executives have a strong focus on our HigherEd customer satisfaction to maximize the Sales experience while reaching our target goals. This position drives cross-departmental process flow creation and improvements with executive peers to ensure seamless and optimal customer/employee experience.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for creating, implementing, and maintaining strategic plan to achieve HigherEd Sales targets
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning and budgeting processes used within the HigherEd organization
- Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency in Sales organization’s planning efforts
- Supports equitable assignment of sales quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all Sales channels and resources
- Proactively identifies opportunities for Sales process improvement
- Monitors accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to HigherEd business
- Coordinates onboarding and training delivery to Sales team members
- Provides input to senior leadership in development and administration of sales incentive compensation
- Mentor and coach Account Executives to accomplish departmental objectives, and provide support
- Leads talent acquisition and talent management activities for the Sales team
- Leads weekly staff meetings, conducts regular employee one-on-one sessions, and annual reviews
- Ensure high eNPS & Employee Engagement
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 12 – 15 years prior experience in a Sales/Account Executive role
- 7-10 years prior managerial experience
- Master’s Degree in Business preferred
- Success in leading business transformation initiatives
- In-depth understanding of enterprise technology and business system functionality
- Ability to clarify and translate strategic sales plans for a variety of constituents
- Collaborative and influential with excellent communication skills
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated, directed and driven by opportunity and customer expectations
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent change management and conflict resolution skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent ability to lead, develop and coach employees
- Ability to thrive with a heavy workload and multiple projects with schedule changes
- Experience working closely with Service and Support senior leaders across the enterprise