The VP will be responsible for building the capabilities of the North American biometric sales teams in order to execute the growth strategy that meets and exceeds top line monthly/quarterly/annual sales goals. Building a solutions sales mentality and approach will be a key to success. The candidate must possess a proven track record of providing strategic and operational direction to an organization’s domestic sales teams in order to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for biometric device and solutions sales within North America (US and Canada) to Federal, State, Provincial and Local Governments; quota responsibility of over $50M and growing.
- Assess, develop, organize and lead two distinct sales teams: Federal (USA) and State (& Provincial) & Local (USA & Canada). Assess and recommend how to manage Canadian Federal opportunities.
- Establish optimum Federal agency contacts to insure infiltration into the Federal government procurement process including understanding and knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- Develop and execute sales strategies for State and Local agencies, to include but not limited to law enforcement and Motor Vehicles Agencies (DMVs and similar).
- Recruit, develop, train and mentor and retain a world class sales force; build cohesion and team identity.
- Lead strategic sales activity, plan program pursuit and drive accountability through the sales organization.
- Responsible for sales forecasting, accuracy of forecast and pipeline growth.
- Plan, develop, and coordinate marketing and sales strategies for federal government operations and to match budgetary forecast.
- Develop, recommend, and implement Sales department programs, procedures, and goals to align with company objectives; communicates objective to Federal and State & Local team.
- Co-ordinates cross-selling opportunities for credential-based solution sales (eg driver’s licenses).
- Contribute to the formulation and validation of corporate objectives and business plans.
- Co-ordinate activities as necessary with cross-functional departments such as Marketing, Product Management, Finance, Delivery & Operations, Manufacturing.
- Serve as a thought leader within the industry. Maintain knowledge of biometric industry trends and translate to effect within the organization. Recommend changes in strategy as required by market trends.
- Manage the NA Sales team; establishes sales quotas for individuals and entire department. Communicate to staff relative to achievement of these goals.
- Develop, communicate, and delegate position responsibilities and objectives to department and to the rest of the Company
- Appraise performance of Sales staff against position requirements, established goals, expectations, and standards. Provide effective and continuous feedback. Assures the development and direction of a dynamic Sales department which will meet or exceed company goals.
- Provide monthly and other periodic reports to management as required.
- Attend regular staff meetings and other management meetings as required; will require regular travel.
- Manage GSA and other government contract negotiation, administration, compliance matters, and the federal sales office. Manage the Sales side of the bid process, working with other departments as needed.
- Provides Sales department information for decision making and planning to Marketing.
- Recommend new products and product modifications to Product Management to assure customer satisfaction.
- Capable of personally handling “house accounts” as necessary. Will carry personal quota.
- Developing sales forecasts, budgets, quotas, and business plans.
- Experienced Sales Management Professional with quantifiable track record in training and mentoring a enterprise sales team in solution sales
- Background in complex technical sales that include hardware, software and service components
- Success in managing staff and closing sales opportunities with US Government Agencies including, but not limited to: DoD, DHS, State Department, IC
- Success in managing staff and closing sales opportunities with State & Local (and Canadian Provincial) Government Agencies
- High energy, entrepreneurial individual who seeks out new opportunity and is able to create demand around technology offerings
- Impeccable record in forecast accuracy in the sales process
- Problem solver who has initiative to determine course and action required to attain objectives
- 10+ years in technology sales management roles
- Significant experience of CRM and its use as a management tool for forecasting, team management, build plan advice and so on
- Significant channel management experience.
- Proven high-impact team management experience
- Responsible for leading and developing world class sales organization including Regional Sales Managers, Sales Managers, Inside Sales Representatives
Travel Requirements: up to 50%
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 10 + years of sales / sales management experience
- First class (native or very close) ability to effectively communicate in the English language required. French language an advantage: verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, within a well ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Employee must be legally entitled to live and work in the United States
- International travel may be required, therefore employee must possess or can acquire valid travel authorization throughout the region.