Esterline is in the midst of a major business transformation and the leader who fills this role will leverage the benefits of that transition into accelerated growth for the Esterline Control and Communication Systems (ECCS) Platform.
The VP, Sales and Marketing for ECCS will be responsible for building deeper account relationships in our OEMs, with a special focus on strategic accounts, while continually looking for ways to expand the market share of our components business across the aerospace and defense market.
This leader will develop strategies to further expand our existing markets while also identifying growth opportunities in adjacent market spaces to achieve growth rates of 10% per year.
Exceptional ability to think out of the box while driving lean practices throughout the sales organization are critical to success in this role. Ability and experience working across multiple business segments and multiple product lines to leverage the full range of Esterline capabilities at key customers is also key to success.
What You Will Do:
- Has ownership of the Platform bookings goals and ensuring an ongoing growth strategy that supports the platform goals
- Responsible for maintaining strong customer relationships and organizing the enterprise to respond to customer issues when they arise
- Responsible for developing strategic account plans and implementing those plans in collaboration with the rest of the platform leadership team
- Responsible for developing the platform strategic plan and direction and collaborating with the platform leadership team and operating unit leaders to implement activities to achieve the strategic plan
- Develops and implements key capture strategies and tactics to promote ECCS and influence funding for key programs
- Defines negotiation strategies and executes on those strategies to ensure the most favorable business outcomes for ECCS
- Ensures understanding exists across the platform team of our market segments, trends, competitors, and emerging markets.
- Owns the annual bookings budget and revenue forecasting process
- Constantly monitors the Aerospace and Defense industry to find and evaluate acquisition targets, which either give ECCS additional content, technology, or access to markets.
- Ability to travel as required, up to 75% or more at given times.
- Ensures compliance to Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and Department of StateInternational Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above.
- Understands and lives by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies.
What You Will Bring:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business. Advanced degreepreferred.
- 15+ years of salesexperience in the Aerospace and Defense industry
- Proven success in leading a global Sales, Product Management, or Marketing department using strong coaching skills.
- Strong people leadership skills and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel 50% (US and international)