Vice President, Revenue Cycle Management
Our client, Physicians Endoscopy (PE), formed in July 1998 and located in Jamison, PA, specializes in the development and management of freestanding, single-specialty endoscopic ASCs in partnership with practicing physicians and hospitals.Today, PE is in partnership with 58 GI ASCs, over 550 gastroenterologists who perform over 490, annual procedures.
The company partners with GI physicians to positively impact single-specialty ambulatory surgery centers’ bottom line. They have rich industry expertise and experience building and acquiring ambulatory surgery centers across the U.S. to foster positive provider and patient experiences.
The VP, Revenue Cycle Management will be responsible for leading and developing strategies to ensure that best practices are utilized throughout the revenue cycle, as well as identifying opportunities for continued enhancement of revenue capture and processing across all companies.
He/she will manage processes and provides guidance, direction and support to encompass these aspects of the revenue cycle, including but not limited to facility, practice, and ancillary revenue operations, coding, health information management, and account follow-up, as well as interaction with other related departments and functions. He/she will also manage technology/software implementation with a systematic structured approach, incorporating workflow processes from beginning to end-user.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides leadership and support for Managers and Directors in the Billing Department
• Coordinates and leads weekly billing management meetings
• Mentors Billing Managers and Directors to develop in the areas of staff development, disciplinary action, professional communication within the company, with affiliated centers, and any related third parties
• Conducts monthly review of key metrics and trends within AR for all centers; Uses information to make recommendations for changes or improvements, when appropriate. Encourages Billing Managers to also contribute recommendations independently
• Monitors monthly performance of department’s revenue and expenses as compared to budget, with the ability to identify and explain significant variances, for all revenue streams including Facility, Anesthesia, & Professional
• Develops, implements and monitors billing policies and procedures. Identifies, develops and implements opportunities for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the policies and procedures within reimbursement operations
• Conducts Due Diligence review for de-novo and acquisition projects; interpret data, develop plans for implementation, and recommendations as appropriate
• Understands current regulatory changes, implications to operations, and communicate information clearly and effectively to the appropriate audience (PE, center, etc.)
• Provides analysis of proposed technology enhancements related to the central billing office and/or center front office processes, with follow-up analysis to demonstrate savings/efficiencies
• Assists in the design, setup, training & implementation of practice management/billing software
• Assists with practice management assessments, presentations, plan development and execution, as requested
Necessary Skills and Abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong project management skills and an entrepreneurial, self- motivated attitude
• Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point and practice management software packages
• Highly evolved analytical skills (revenue/cost analysis incorporating efficiencies gained)
• Highly organized, detail-orientated, strong work ethic, and demonstrated teamwork skills
• Ability to function independently and effectively in a self-directed environment
• High ethical standards
The successful candidate will have the following experience or knowledge in the following areas:
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
• 10+ years in healthcare or related industry experience as a senior manager
• Proven track record demonstrating quantitative improvements in operations and/or revenue cycle
• Experience in technology implementation, process design and improvement, and overall streamlining of the revenue cycle