The Vice President, Retail Merchandising will make sure our selection is great for our customers through working with our consignment sellers and other vendors to acquire attractive merchandise. When doing that, this role manages and drives the P&L by providing leadership, strategy, and vision to define the retail merchandising business for Swap.com. This role leads the online representation of all category lines and brands through collaboration with Operations, Finance, Customer Services and Marketing. This position will directly manage a merchandising team We make all our decisions based on data and we are looking for a merchandising leader skilled in this art.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Make sure Swap.com selection meets our customer demand
- Develop Swap.com’s selection through sourcing strategy both in the seller channel and in the wholesale channel
- Be responsible for the product pricing strategies across 25,000 brands
- Lead the day-to-day merchandising business, ensuring the development and execution of a retail strategy that meets business goals and KPIs
- Own the product sales P&L
- Analyse sales data and develop merchandising related reporting with our analysts and developers
- Drive an aspirational customer experience through the execution of a cohesive story across the merchandising channel leveraging our brands, assortments, visual merchandising and marketing campaigns
- Lead the pre-owned item merchandising strategy with the operations and customer services team
- Ownership of the product data entry principles and processes in co-operation with our Operations team
- Working with Merchandising team and Operations, identify merchandise opportunities to include expanded assortments, strategic merchandise partnership opportunities (e.g. collaborations), etc.
- Lead and motivate a talented team of e-commerce professionals providing vision, direction, and guidance.
- Identify and optimize opportunities for data-centric initiatives that provide competitive advantage
- Build and maintain relationships with outside suppliers and partners in order to contribute to the efficient operation of the organization
- Oversee concept development, strategizing, planning, implementation, and coordinating of merchandising initiatives
- Create and implement the merchandising strategy for various brands, departments, and category lines
- Directs the development and communication of the overall merchandising strategy
- Partners with Finance, Marketing, and Operations departments to forecast monthly sales, margins and review financial rollups. Analyzes sales and productivity of items and categories to communicate results and to create action plans
- Management responsibility for key merchandising staff: associate evaluation, team building, associate counseling and/or discipline, approving any recommendations for hiring, termination, pay changes, job changes, and training. Develop, lead, coach and manage the e-commerce team to deliver on the merchandising strategies, customer experience tactics and achievement of operating metrics and key performance indicators
Education, Training and/or Work Experience Requirements
- 10 or more years of experience in a retail leadership role, preferably in an eCommerce environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Marketing or similar field of study
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience performing in a start-up environment helpful
- Understanding and experience of LEAN operations
- Experience and strong hands-on skills with data-driven sales analysis and planning
- Training and use of SQL preferred
- Experience managing a P&L required
Bachelors or better in Business Administration.
10 years:Retail leadership role, preferably in an eCommerce environment