Are you a retail industry professional with Walmart and Mass Retail expertise? Do you have direct experience working with retailers to drive growth? Do you have a desire to help CPG companies and retailers shape their strategies amid the disruption our industry is facing? If so, we want to meet you! Kantar is seeking a VP to lead our mass retail insights with a strong background on Walmart.
Success in this role will see you:
- Lead Walmart/mass retail-related thought leadership and subject matter expertise in a highly client-facing role.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to create and present compelling content (e.g., white papers, industry reports and speaking engagements) and action-oriented commercial insights to brands and retailers.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative research and analysis experience, including shopper and financial analyses.
- Possess effective people and project management skills, with strong influencing skills and the ability to perform independently and as part of a team.
- Develop and mentor analyst(s) in related coverage areas, and more broadly as part of our collective analyst team.
- Elevate and commercialize the value proposition of our syndicated and more customized insights offers as they relate to your key areas of expertise.
As a senior thought leader and client strategist, the ideal candidate is a curious, data-savvy and implications-focused individual who enjoys educating and inspiring others. He or she must have an understanding of the large, traditional players in the mass retail space, along with knowledge of the core disruptive retailers, models and forces confronting them. A CPG/retail background with sales and/or insights experience is essential, along with knowledge of the broader retail landscape.
We'd like to see you be:
- Insights and client focused; able to manage and evolve retail thought leadership in ways that support both syndicated and advisory-based revenue generation
- Public-facing and capable of epitomizing knowledge and thought leadership on the podium at key industry events, in smaller scale client settings, and across media platforms
- An inspiring, authentic team leader and mentor
- Passionate about retail and enabling our clients to succeed
- Strong expertise (5-10+ years) in retail and/or consulting with Mass Retail and primarily Walmart experience
- Proven ability to analyze and draw actionable insights from qualitative and quantitative research
- Familiarity with financial analysis/forecasting
- A solid understanding of CPG and retailer needs, with the proven ability to successfully strategize against those needs
- A bachelor's degree or higher