Vice President, Reporting & Technical Accounting
11 - 15 years experience • Real Estate
We have been retained by a NYSE-listed, dynamic, growth-oriented, complex real estate owner and developer that seeks a high-potential financial professional to join their senior leadership team. Our client has a unique, successful business model with numerous diverse, interesting, complex real estate business lines. It is led by an impressive senior management team and Board that are focused on achieving and exceeding goals and objectives. Our client has had strong profitability and cash flow over the last several years, and, accordingly, the stock performance has been impressive. The company has a vast development pipeline and therefore strong intrinsic value which stands to push the stock to outperform in the coming years. The company is headquartered in the Dallas area with significant business operating units in other major markets across the country.
Our client seeks a high-potential Vice President of Reporting & Technical Accounting with strong technical skills to lead and manage this highly visible, critical function.
This person will deal with cutting-edge, interesting technical issues and will, therefore, have the highest level of exposure and recognition in the company. Due to the complex business model and diverse business operating groups, the Vice President will work closely with the CFO, other senior executives, as well as with the Board / Audit Committee.
This position has been designated for a high-potential person who, in time, is promotable and can lead / manage a team of 110+ financial professionals in multiple locations. Given this, the preferred candidate will be ambitious and driven and will want to eventually become the CFO of a public REIT or real estate operating company.
- Undergraduatedegree in Accounting or related area. CPArequired.
- Masters in Accounting or MBA is preferred, not required.
- Prior Big 4 real estate assurance / auditexperience, preferably as a Senior Manager or Manager.
- Relevant real estate or other industry experience, either in a reporting, technical accounting, or accounting policy role.
- Strong communications skills along with the ability to effectively communicate with non-financial, operating company senior management member, Board members and the executive management team.
- Ability and desire to lead and manage large teams but also be hands-on when needed.
- Highest level of integrity and ethics. Ambitious, driven professional with strong technical and business skills.
Excellent compensation package including salary, annual target bonus, and equity grant.
If needed, full relocation with be provided along with make-whole payments for unvested equity and/or lost bonuses.