Business Overview: The Finance group at BNP Paribas North America (BNPP NA) is responsible for overseeing the accounting, financial and regulatory reporting for the firm. Currently BNP Paribas Finance North-America is engaged in the implementation of the Fed’s Enhanced Prudential Standards for Foreign Banking Organizations. The regulatory reporting department is specifically responsible for the regulatory reports that are submitted to the Federal Reserve Bank, various State banking departments, Cayman Islands Monetary Authority and the U.S. Department of Commerce by all U.S. branches and agencies, including its subsidiaries and special purpose entities, and ensuring that there is a sustainable control environment around the respective regulatory reporting. Responsibilities: The Regulatory Reporting Specialist will lead efforts to ensure quality control and implement continuous improvements across the regulatoryreportingprocesses. Keyresponsibilities will include:
- Enforce quality assurance / control:
- Ensure compliance with internal regulatory reporting policies and procedures
- Enforce accountability policy and liaise with key stakeholders
- Enforce report and threshold monitoring
- Participate in bank examinations and internal and external audits
- Coordinate the annual regulatory reporting training program; enhance training materials and deliver training to key stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement and Change Management:
- Establish governance to identify, track, design and implement new or changes to existing regulatory reporting processes across reporting teams
- Oversee and drive on-going enhancements of the Regulatory Reporting tool (Axiom), data solution and remediation, as well as other efforts to increase automation
- Manage the regulatory reporting issue tracker; ensure issues are closed on a timely basis
- Ensure awareness of internal events (e.g. new products/transactions) as well as changes / new regulatory reporting requirements and coordinate across reporting teams to implement necessary change
- Liaise with key stakeholders ad partners within the organization:
- Act as liaison with various internal (i.e. Supervisory Relations, Legal, Compliance, Audit, FCOO, IT, and Business Operations) and external constituencies (i.e. regulators, external auditors and consultants).
- Serve as the point-of-contact between the Regulatory Reporting Department and Data Governance for all data programs (i.e., DQIP, Data Trace, Data Operations, etc.
- Provide ad hoc support on special topics across the department.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in Financial Reporting, Accounting, Regulatory Reporting or equivalent functions
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience, in Accounting or Finance required
- Comprehensive knowledge of reports that are due to the Federal Reserve Bank, the various State banking regulatory authorities, the U.S. Department of Commerce, Cayman Islands Monetary Authority, etc.
- Ability to understand complex financial products and system architectures, accounting business processes, financial and management reporting (IFRS and US GAAP), month-end financial close process, regulatory reporting, entity consolidations and multi-currency accounting
- Strong regulatory & financialreporting knowledge prevalent in banking/financial institutions required
- Strong Microsoft software Office skills (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Ability to build relationships across functions to drive towards a common goal
- Passed all four (4) parts of the Certified Public Accountants examination, or registered to take the examination
- Previous financial services experience in Public Accounting (i.e., Audit or Consulting)
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of Axiom preferred
- Prior experience with Foreign Banking Organization
- Program and project management skills
FINRA Registrations Required: