Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum'sfinancial protection benefits help protect more than 33 million working people and their families from thefinancial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
This role is accountable for leading our large employer (1,000 lives+) market development efforts across the country, in partnership with each field region and office. This individual will work with each field Regional Vice President to prioritize their local market needs, design appropriate content and programs, secure the proper Unum SMEs to deliver the content and drive overall program execution, reporting and follow-up. This individual will also work with our national industry group partners to execute similar programs, both in their regional and national settings.
The goal for this work is to support the fieldsales professionals’ efforts to develop a long-term large employer prospect pipeline, by region, by market and bysalesprofessional.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze market data for large employers and create national, regional and office level views for evaluation / discussion with field leaders and subsequent targeting at the office and sales professional level.
- Actively engage field leadership (RVPs and MDs) to agree on priorities, and work closely with their respective sales team for local market execution.
- Design relevant Unum content (absence management, voluntary benefits, HRIS connectivity, etc.) that can be delivered in various industry venues and through our key broker / consultant and enrollment firm distribution partners.
- Partner with Sales Enablement and Marketing to execute an ongoing digital and personal engagement strategies for long-term pipeline development.
- Build a measurement approach to track and monitor pipeline development and new business sales growth.
- Identify, recruit, on-board and lead a small team of market development professionals to support each region.
- 15+ years of employee benefits sales, client management and / or market development experience.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired. Master’s Degree and / or CEBS professional designation preferred.
- Demonstrated consultative ability, solutions-orientated and able to effectively collaborate and influence cross-functionally, achieving results despite organizational barriers.
- Ability to work effectively in a large cross-functional, home office environment and partner with a large national sales force.
- Knowledge and experience working with brokers and / or consultants.
- Superior communication and presentation skills.
- Extensive travel, approximately 75%.
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generouscompensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.