Vice President, R&D
11 - 15 years experience • Chemicals
We are conducting a search for a Vice President of Research and Development to lead our $ billion organization in the development and execution of our global technology strategy, management of global R&D resources and developing new product technologies/platforms to drive our continuing growth.
Key responsibilities of this position will include:
- Driving and providing oversight leadership on new concept projects related to new product and application development ensuring that such projects are completed according to agreed upon schedules.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of the Industry, Market, Customer, and Technology trends and using this information to identify and capture technology project opportunities.
- Work in collaboration with the Executive Team, Product Development, Regulatory, QA, Marketing, International and Operations to guide the process of vetting new product concepts.
- Lead the R&D teams to create comprehensive product specifications and testing protocols for new products and manage scale-up from lab to full production launch.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing teams to develop relationships with customers in project activities as appropriate to facilitate customer’s adoption/implementation of company’s product technologies.
- Work with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Customer Care, Quality Control and Production to provide customers with the best of class products and services.
- Manage strategy in acquiring technology and resources including business and government resources and opportunities.
- Manage all intellectual property for the company.
- Build synergies between R&D, Product Management and Manufacturing.
- Has administrative oversight responsibility for Technology R and D and Product Development staff, and is responsible for team and individual goal setting, employee evaluations, and for making recommendations regarding employee compensation and career development.
- Provide the vision and leadership to develop, design, build and staff a new corporate research center in the southeast US.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- MS Chemistry, PhD preferred
- At least 10+ years of related R&D management experience, in addition to solid knowledge of product manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Technological creativity and vision, with solid knowledge of adhesives products, raw materials, customer applications and industry trends.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to build teams and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in leading large-scale projects.
- Hands-on experience formulating products and following through to production.
- Excellent research skills — ability to find, analyze, interpret and review data quickly and accurately.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills — ability to apply clear logic to troubleshoot and resolve conflicts and unexpected outcomes.
- Ability to multi-task with changing priorities in a fast-paced organization
- Strong self-initiative — a Leader.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Proven exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft Suite.