Vice President - Quality Engineering
Leads practice and defines metrics, determines the appropriate Key Performance Indicator (KPIs), and develop an overall data collection process. Manages the production and analysis of control reports and initiates improvement activities as indicated.
Fosters a system of continuous improvement across the discipline. Manages enterprise level relationships for global vendors providing IT testing including oversight of issue resolution. Provides leadership and direction through managers/directors. Is accountable for the performance and results of a function.
This leader will define and develop/support Best in Class IT programs, processes, and policies to ensure alignment with corporate strategy and goals. Partners with multi-departmental leadership and other stakeholders to locate opportunities and develop and prioritize programs/projects according to relevant measurement criteria.
Responsible for providing systems design, development and systems maintenance across multiple platforms; supports corporate and business area systems, distributed processing, client server, internet intranet, and Web site applications.
Responsibilities include planning to meet the business needs of the corporation/business areas implementing those business needs with timely and cost justified products. Makes recommendations to higher level corporate and or business area management concerning long range policies for information technology systems, including overall strategy, implementation and development.
Responsible for the supervision of managers to ensure that all projects within IT programs are delivered within the defined scope, quality, time and cost requirements. Reports to the VP, Technology Practices. We are looking for someone who loves a good challenge and can work collaboratively, across teams in support of others’ work at all levels.
We are transforming the way we engage our work, our talent and our many constituents of Life Insurance and Annuities businesses through the adoption of Agile. As outcomes, we seek to continuously improve the service experience of our existing 20+ million customers, provide preference-based access and engagement with new customers, retain and attract top talent to create a diverse, engaged and fulfilled workforce as well as maintain our top-tier, rock solid marketplace reputation.
We care about the new and innovative. We care about our customers and their families. We care about our distributors. We care about our talent. J
- Strong knowledge and leadership in modern SQA technology, best practices and demonstrated experience of successful application of those practices
- Create Software Quality Assurance (SQA) strategy and operational execution plans.
- Provide recommendations to C-level decision makers regarding QA automation strategies and approaches.
- Partner with engineering teams on the continued deployment of DevOps
- Offer technical expertise in the testing area within the organization
- Develop and leverage relationships throughout the organization, industry, and other professional organizations to improve test engineering for Prudential
- Define and track quality automation metrics
- Engage with the developer community to align best practices and techniques for automated unit and integration testing
- Work with development, business, operations and program management teams to certify production releases by providing appropriate test coverage and identifying and mitigating associated risks
- Automate manual regression test bed for legacy software
- Oversee the testing methodology and implementation, project scheduling, scope and quality of deliverables and resource management
- Strategize and implement latest and innovative software QA technologies and tools to enable for dynamic and fast paced implementation
- Transform traditional QA function to progressive test automation environment
- Establish framework to ensure all groups are using Agile methodology to advance products, capabilities, profitability and results.
- Collaborate and develop relationships with other technologists by partnering, pairing and sharing
- Work with a general direction and exercise independent thinking
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, MIS, or related (or equivalent practical experience)
- 10 years of Software Development and/or QA experience of which 3+ years of experience in directly leading global QA teams
- Passion for excellence in QA, advancing QA capabilities, Automation, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing and Continuous Delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to articulate discussions within the team and among other business groups
- Strong knowledge and experience in Test Automation frameworks, Processes, methodologies, and implementing automation across multiple technologies
- Architecting and performing load tests
- Must have strong experience with tools and techniques for testing both RESTful APIs and SOAP
- Expertise in software quality best practices as well as test strategy and planning diverse types of testing Functional/GUI, Integration/API, Structural/Performance and Test Data Management
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development
- Demonstrate good problem solving, negotiating, conflict management and decision-making skills
- DevOps Experience
- Comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Cloud and mobile testing experience
- Test Driven Development (TDD) mindset & experience is a plus
- Experience in the software development lifecycle especially Agile methodologies is a plus
- Business and technical background in the Annuities, Insurance or Financial Service industry is a plus
- Job No: IND000CT