• Lead the establishment of TEASRO’s global public policy strategy to support and enable the Company to achieve its long-term strategic goals and develop plans to execute that strategy.
• Establish relationships with key policy, decision, and influence makers within relevant regulatory agencies including but not limited to FDA, CMS, state agencies, and foreign equivalents.
• Establish relationships with relevant stakeholders, both regulatory and provider/patient groups.
• Partner closely with TESARO leadership to understand the impact and significance of potential legislative or regulatory actions on TESARO’s current and future business, and connect TESARO leadership with key policy, decision, and influence makers at any relevant level, including elected officials and career staff.
• Collaborate closely with TESARO Commercial, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, Market Access, Corporate Communications, and Legal and Compliance functions to develop and advance the Company’s public policy and government relations initiatives across geographies.
• Advocate for public policies that advance TESARO’s strategic goals, including increasing awareness of unmet medical needs in relevant oncology-related diseases, removing barriers to access to oncology treatments, strengthening incentives for innovation, and helping to modernize regulatory requirements relating to drug development and commercialization.
• Keep current with key policy, legislative, and regulatory developments affecting TESARO and the patients whose lives we seek to improve at the national, state and local levels; prepare and deliver updates and briefings to internal stakeholders and senior leadership with respect to same.
• Collaborate with Corporate Affairs in support of TESARO’s involvement with industry, trade, and patient organizations, associations, and committees.
• Collaborate with Corporate Affairs to engage with patient advocacy groups to enhance the voice of patients living with cancer and their families in the drug development and regulatory process .
Abilities Needed for Success:
• Self-motivated, assertive, and self-confident with the ability to act with urgency and passion
• High degree of emotional intelligence, displaying candour and integrity at all times.
• Strong business acumen, strategic thinking ability, and judgement.
• Resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, and results-oriented.
• A sense of urgency and an ability to anticipate and respond quickly to business requirements
• Exceptionally strong oral and written communication skills for effectively interfacing with key policy, decision, and influence makers within all levels of government and the TESARO organization.
• Entrepreneurial, enjoys working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and priority-setting.
• Willingness to work collaboratively by incorporating diverse perspectives and appropriately managing relationships.
• Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and concurrently and think through complexity and ambiguity, make thoughtful, integrated, timely and meaningful decisions, and take corresponding actions.
• Ability to manage personnel at various levels.
• Bachelors degree required; graduate degree preferred.
• 10-15 years of experience in advocacy, communications, policy, government relations, and/or government service; multiple years of service within CMS or FDA or on Congressional staff preferred.
• Experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceuticals industry, with international and oncology experience, preferred.
• Willingness and ability to travel.