Vice President, Program Management
Every immune system has a story to tell— the key is knowing how to listen. Our goal is to meaningfully improve people's lives by learning from the wisdom of their adaptive immune systems. It's a bold objective that we're uniquely built to achieve.
At Adaptive, you'll be challenged, you'll be inspired, and you'll be part of an innovative organization making a real impact on improving the quality of life globally. No matter what your role is, you'll find a diverse, team-driven, fun culture where your contributions truly count.
The Vice President, Program Management is responsible for Adaptive's Program Management Office (PMO). This individual will manage a team of Program and Project Managers focused on developing and improving products from feasibility through commercialization. This leadership role requires an individual with relevant regulated industry experience in Program Management, management experience tobuild and lead the team and a collaborative style to build strong cross-functional partnerships and drive accountability across the organization. Responsibilities also include development of standardized processes, systems and tools for Adaptive's portfolio management.
- Continue to build Adaptive's PMO organization, incorporating best practices and hiring/developing top Program and Portfolio Management talent.
- Collaborate with functional leaders to formalize PMO structure and processes and to facilitate company-wide adoption for both program and portfolio management.
- Cultivate PMO governance structure that encourages responsive decision making and good communication across appropriate stakeholders.
- Refine and communicate processes for project prioritization, further standardizing key selection criteria and risk management considerations.
- Manage portfolio of project roadmaps that align with functional requirements as well as corporate objectives. Enhance resourcing strategies to achieve project deliverables and milestones that are balanced with the needs of the overall portfolio.
- Champion best practices in Program Management, including the use of templates, tools, and processes to drive efficiency, alignment, and effective planning.
- Align portfolio planning process with annual strategic planning. Work collaboratively to orchestrate diverse inputs from multiplesources and coalesce into a consistent set of documents/presentations.
- Create a positive performance-based culture. Lead, manage and develop team members to ensure project goals and measurements are consistent with business priorities. Drive accountability for project team performance.
- Education: BS or MS degree in Biology, Immunology, Cellular Biology, or related field.
- 12-15 years of successful experience with Program Management or related functions in a diagnostic, medical device, or life sciences technology driven company, preferably with products spanning research through commercialization.
- Experience owning large PMO governance processes including process creation, portfolio planning management, and execution.
- Successful track record driving organizational processes that result in aligned objectives, streamlined communications, and effective outcomes.
- Solid business acumen, including both industry, financial and regulatory perspectives
- Ability to be both strategic and detail-focused with strong critical/strategic thinking skills.
- Experience managing complex projects under design control and in compliance with CLIA, FDA, ISO and/or other relevant regulations
- Extensive experience managing teams, including strong leadership of both matrixed teams and direct reports.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
Preferred Experience and Capabilities:
- Significant experience managing R&D projects in a global context.
- MBA degree or similar training/experience.