Job ID 572450BR
The VP Production will manage all of ABC News’ long form projects/production teams creating content across 20/20, Nightline, specials, features and Lincoln Square Productions. He or she will have oversight of long form projects produced for the Disney/ABC Television Group, Disney owned and controlled platforms, and outside distribution partnerships. The VP will ensure the streamlined operation of all long form productions from development through post production, and will work closely across the company with Executives, Department Heads, and creative teams to ensure alignment with the business objectives of LSP and ABC News. The VP, Production will work closely with the SVP, Long Form to maximize revenue and distribution across platforms achieving the best possible financial results for the company while also building the reputation and capacity of the ABC News Long Form content team.
- Collaborate with SVP to create, test, and establish new production and/or development initiatives that foster innovation, increase efficiencies or lower costs.
- Manages and oversees all show budgets, production, post-production, delivery, and distribution.
- Supervise all aspects of show/series and development production.
- Act as a liaison between LSP and the network executives assigned to each project; interfacing with Development on a production by production basis to establish a symbiotic relationship from the earliest stages of the show concept.
- Oversee Prod Management on current productions; manage and assess schedules and reports – identify challenges and risks and work with the appropriate team to resolve issues, streamline processes, and foster innovation
- Work closely with show producers, line producers, and key department heads to ensure that shows are produced at the highest quality within the constraints of the budget and schedule
- Partner with production finance to create and refine schedule and budget templates for in-house shows/series and review budgets and schedules for off-site shows/series
- Be pro-active in making key strategic creative decisions and eliciting inventive ideas from a team in a highly collaborative environment.
- Partner with the Creative Leads in the staffing of production management and artistic talent across all shows and series in production and/or development
- Work with various teams - Production, Development, Talent, Music, Post Production, Finance, Business Affairs, Labor Relations, Legal, IT, HR, Facility Operations, Marketing etc.
- Stay on top of key industry trends and identify opportunities
- Provide support for production and development teams with respect to managing clients
- Think critically and analytically. Must have a high aptitude for strategic planning and tactical execution on a multitude of simultaneous projects
- In concert with SVP, identify and evaluate partnerships
- Ad hoc duties as assigned
- 8+ years production management experience including prior experience as a line producer, or as an executive at a production company or studio.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of pre-production, production and post-production methods.
- A track record of delivering shows and series on-time and on-budget.
- An experimental, risk-taking mind-set: Must be open to thinking outside of traditional television formats and outside of the traditional linear television model.
- Experience managing creative teams in a high pressure environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable him/her to interact with a range of personalities and styles and establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization; have a problem-solving approach; be highly self-motivated, well-organized and have a strong work ethic.
- Familiarity with production software, hardware, databases and asset management systems.
- Wide industry knowledge of talent, process and various pipelines.
- Hands-on production and programming experience.
- Experience in a large dynamic media company
- A passion for documentary and non-fiction programming
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.