Vice President, Product Marketing
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That's why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it's our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Working closely as the primary linkage point between the Product organization (housing product management and development) and the Marketing and Sales organizations, and with multiple stakeholder functions – this leader will be responsible for:
- Translate the product vision and strategy into messaging that positions the value of the entire portfolio from an "outside in" perspective including what is available today and in the future.
Value proposition development and delivery
- Develop and articulate compelling value propositions that are clear, differentiated and defensible.
- Deliver messaging and positioning appropriate for the products and the portfolio, customized across needed content modalities, channels and internal/external audience categories
Market sizing support
- Support Product in analyzing and size cross-industry potential markets and customer segments to determine highest value opportunities
- Perform detailed market, competitive landscape assessments supporting product positioning and market entry evaluations
- Translate internal feature roadmap into externally consumable and regularly updated articulation of customer value deliveries current and future
Product portfolio hierarchy
- Support development of suitable hierarchy explaining entire portfolio and ensure consistent use on digital platforms (such as Equinix.com, internal sales intelligence portal) and throughout marketing collateral and materials
Customer Segmentation & Targeting
- Working with Product Management and Vertical Marketing, understand and map customer needs to target markets in order to determine which to actively pursue
- Working with Product Management and Vertical Marketing, develop and document the targeted personas for specific service offerings and the customer buying process in order to determine appropriate sales distribution strategies
- Working with Marketing organization to identify best means to address target audience and incorporate into marketing plans
- Activate and leverage the full breadth of Equinix's GTM capabilities to meet product targets; ensure alignment across the organization on priority and clarity in terms of what to sell. Be accountable for the market success of the product portfolio together with the Product and Sales organizations.
- Support development of commercial structures and packages to achieve financial goals of Product organization including sales/partner/customer promotions and incentives as appropriate product feature updates, promotions, etc. through appropriate channels
- Intelligence and Instrumentation
- Lead cross functional efforts to create appropriate quantitative proof points regarding performance of Platform Equinix and its product portfolio relative to alternatives and substitutes. Maintain documentation and incorporate into marketing materials/forums as appropriate
- Drive and deliver insights on awareness, sales effectiveness, and uptake for product portfolio
- Working cross functionally, apply data science to unearth ways to assess and expand demand for product portfolio
- Support Product and Marketing as needed in the gathering of customer requirements and feedback through any Marketing led forums including Customer Advisory Boards, online forums etc,
- Participate in cross functional product and roadmap governance forums covering both current roadmap execution and future roadmap planning
- 15-20+ years of technology product management or marketing experience in a leadership role, preferably in a recurring services business model
- Significant experience in market launching differentiated solutions that target enterprise CIO/CTO
- Well-developed understanding of the Enterprise IT stack, the evolving cloud landscape and its impact and potential for the Enterprise market
- High motivation level and appetite for fast-paced team environment; readily adaptable to changing market and organizational requirements
- Demonstrated strong listening and collaboration skills for uncovering both market opportunities and sales needs
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and influencing skills
- Advanced degree in business management highly preferred
- Ability to travel 30-40%
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.