This position is responsible for the strategic direction and management of all video and control (V&C) products and business results, including product road mapping functions, market competitiveness, pricing, and channel strategy for Harman's V&C products. The position will drive and be responsible for Harman's video and control revenue, profitability goals and P&L results.
The position will directly manage a team of video and control product managers.
What you will be doing:
- The role will be responsible for developing and executing Harman's strategy in the video and control segment by working with our global sales regions. In addition to being accountable for the management of the category growth and profitability, this role is responsible for plans and strategies to grow this segment in conjunction with the global business development and regional sales teams.
- Qualifies new product concepts with selected customers and determines the development of Channel Strategy.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting relevant competitive activity in the marketplace.
- Manages the V&C product management teams to develop the product roadmap and strategies for success.
- Conducts regularly scheduled BU/category business reviews with key select customers to ensure alignment to Harman direction and pricing.
- Develop and execute sales plan as part of Harman's operating plan providing detailed and accurate sales forecasts. Accountable for bridge to forecasts vs. actual results globally.
- Develop, drive and direct information and data related to key customers and new prospects.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to Harman's leadership team and other company functions to remain in front of market changes and trends.
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful channel and partner programs to drive sell-through and optimize profitability.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
What you need:
- Disciplined and passionate leader with the ability to achieve high growth sales results.
- Experience with video and control products is required, video over IP experience is highly desired.
- Excellent financial acumen and deep understanding of a P&L.
- Experience leading high growth global product categories especially in US, Europe and Asia.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners.
- Proven evangelical sales track record in a new product/new market environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with C-Level executives to create results driven, team-oriented culture.
- Minimum of B.S. in Business (Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, or equivalence). Advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience (5 years at a Director level), candidates with 15+ year of experience are encouraged to apply.
- Having a proactive, goal-oriented approach to decision making.
- Clear and strategic thinker; proven experience in translating strategies into actionable plans
- Capable of handling multiples projects/initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
- Having respect for colleagues; leading teams with clarity and accountability.
- Proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively work with all levels of a global matrixed organization
- Able to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Act as a Change Management expert and enabler on various projects and programs across the business
- Providing exceptional service and quality to external and internal customers.
- Understanding and working in past organizations that have centralized and de-centralized structures as business requirements change
- Accepting responsibility for personal development and actions.
- Have clear objectives and strives to exceed them
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development
- Willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work in an office.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)