Less than 5 years
Posted 240 days ago
• The Core Consumer Credit Regional Issuer Segment position is responsible for establishing, maintaining and delivering the product strategy for the Regional and IBCU Issuer segments in NAM.
• The Regionals and ICBUs are growing in the credit space and have ambitious goals for increasing their credit share. This role is of strategic importance to Mastercard to achieve our share goals for 2020.
• This individual will actively collaborate with internal teams across Mastercard, and external parties including customers (the Issuers), merchants, and new strategic alliance partners to build innovative product solutions targeted to capturing current and future card spending volume.
• The individual will have accountability for developing, sourcing & managing affluent experiential benefits for this segment, end-end product management for the products, the go-to-market strategy, Customer/consumer experience to ensure usage and exemplary consumer experience thereby building preference for Mastercard products in the Regional and IBCU Issuers space.
• The segment led approach requires to think of a broader solution suite then credit product proposition only and may include solutions around how issuers acquire and service these customers.
• The individual will also be responsible for managing the product life cycle of these products and work on customized product development requests based on market needs.
• Individual will work closely with the marketing, loyalty, product architects, customer delivery, and sales teams to ensure alignment with the customer-focused strategy.
• The individual is accountable for Mastercard's competitive positioning and differentiation in product innovation within the Regional and IBCU issuer segments in NAM. They will develop product benefits/ solutions which would be core to the products to deliver a superior edge to Mastercard Products in the Regional and IBCU issuer segments. Will have responsibility for quantified metrics tied to customer plans.
• Lead end-end processes behind all products as well as own the customer experience of the products.
• P&L responsibility of products.
• Accountable for the segment strategy, design and execution.
• Coordinate with the global product team to identify best practices and manage a balance between global product standards and local requirements
• Monitor the landscape of competitive products and industry trends, understanding their implications for Mastercard and suggest action steps as required
• Ensure to create a 3-5 year product roadmap to meet current and upcoming needs of the Regional and IBCU issuer segments
• Develop a 'Life Cycle Management' approach to constantly enhance/ modify/ upgrade products & benefits in line with market/ issuer/ segment needs to ensure maximum profitability to Mastercard through usage and retention
• Collaborate with Consumer and Customer Marketing leadership to support the launch of programs in the market as well as work with the Marketing team in development of any collateral as required by the clients/sales teams
• Create and maintain a library of best practices and case studies on product development to be shared with Architects, Account Teams and Customers
• Develop presentations to proactively update & sell to issuers product opportunities/ innovations, market trends, & MC advancements in product innovation for Regional and IBCU issuer segments
• Support Product Architects and Account Teams in the creation of value propositions that leverage key features of existing and / or new product platforms from Mastercard for the segment
• Support Sales Teams with customized product development requests for Credit and Debit Platforms for the segment.
• Strategic thinking at a broader level, ability to create product vision and demonstrated ability to craft a strategy and end-end responsibility of driving execution with key stakeholders within the organization like loyalty, merchants, marketing etc
• Ability to navigate within a large organization to design strategic product roadmaps and align with global on regional product roadmaps
• Must demonstrate strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Demonstrate proven ability to develop and successfully implement, quantifiable business plans
• Industry knowledge and networking especially in Regional and IBCU issuers/merchant relationships/ commerce development
• Have an entrepreneurial approach and vision
• Analytical thinking
• Must have a Mastercard product & profitability focus
• Customer focus with extensive knowledge of customer profitability drivers and consumer usage drivers
• Outstanding communication skills from a written, verbal and presentation perspective
• Demonstrate multi-disciplinary knowledge, i.e. marketing, operations, acquiring and emerging technologies.
All About You
• Experience in successfully developing and launching new products in the banking industry affluent/Regional and IBCU issuer segments
• Extensive general management experience with a proven ability to influence and motivate others to achieve objectives and to set a strategic vision of Products across the organization
• Proven track record in people management space including building high performing teams
• Understanding of competitive offerings and industry trends
• Ability to oversee multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
• Experience with strategic and business planning
• P&L knowledge and experience of managing p&l end-end.
• Negotiating skills
• Proven experience working collaboratively in a cross-functional role
• Team player with the ability to clearly articulate strategy
• Outstanding communication/presentation skills
• High energy capable of motivating and developing others