As the Vice President of Product Management, you will help lead a team of globally distributed product managers and product owners that drive the definition, the delivery of Model N’s revenue management product suite. The ideal candidate is a Product Management executive with a track record of bringing innovative and successful enterprise cloud products to market combined with the technical background necessary to work closely with our product development teams. This role will report directly to the Chief Product Officer and be based out of our San Mateo headquarters.
- Grow and lead a team of globally distributed Product Managers supporting Model N’s revenue management portfolio.
- Provide leadership and vision to define product/portfolio strategies, identify new markets, and growth opportunities.
- Drive engagement with customers, other external stakeholders to understand evolving market needs and regulations. Own product roadmaps and drive requirements to meet evolving customer needs and the competitive landscape.
- Partner with Product Marketing to define and execute our go-to-market strategy including pricing. Drive messaging, product positioning, target personas and the benefit articulation.
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, and other key stakeholders to develop go-to-market plans for existing products and business models for new offerings.
- Leverage industry trends, insights from customers as well as competitive information to define and execute our overall portfolio plan.
- Partner with CPO and collaborate with executive leadership to develop and drive new business cases, growth plans for existing offerings and new innovations.
- Build relationships and work closely with cross functional product development teams to provide and prioritize external requirements. Ensure that product releases are compelling and are delivered on time and with quality working with Product Development teams.
- Develop and drive industry thought leadership and visibility of our solutions in the market.
- 15+ years of successive global leadership positions in Product Management functions in enterprise software companies. Deep understanding of cloud-based enterprise SaaS.
- Life sciences industry experience is a big plus; preferably in Commercial/Revenue Management areas.
- Strong management capabilities in attracting, developing and growing a best-in-class product management team.
- Excellent strategic thinking and ability to translate strategy into execution plans with a bias towards action. Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives while keeping the “big picture” in focus.
- Experience as product leader in the Agile/Scrum model of product development
- Proven ability to work well across functional lines to build collaboration and strengthen shared priorities.
- Crisp and effective executive communication skills, including significant experience presenting in external and customer forums.
- Strong self-starter that enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- BS degree in an applicable field.
- Previous management consulting experience is a plus. Strong quantitative and business analysis skills.
- Ability to engage in domestic and international travel up to 25% of time.