Vice President, Product Management Global DebitVice President, Product Management Global Debit
The Vice President, Product Management Global Debit will lead the product management strategy and roadmap to execute and ensure maximum penetration of market segments. The successful candidate will manage and maintain existing product lines end to end on an on-going basis, including vendor management, conduct opportunity assessments on new ideas and concepts and provide design specifications for product enhancements to Product Development. This role will partner across the firm to embed consumer and customer insights into our debit suite of products. This role will lead a team of product managers who on a daily basis define business and technical requirements and manage the relationships of technical resources and the Global Technology Organization as needed.
Specific to Debit:
• Manage the product line strategy by assessing the benefits of our current products, evaluating our competitive position, and outlining gaps, and proposing solutions that consider the market conditions and overall economics across stakeholders and across the value chain (B2B2C).
• Integrate our services into the Debit value proposition to drive differentiation, revenue, and processed volumes
• Determine Debit overall positioning in markets where various debit products reside (domestic and global schemes)
• Understand how to go to market given varying differences in regulation
• Engage with regions, markets, and account teams in responding to RFPs
General Product Management responsibilities:
• Partner with regional debit teams to execute against the global debit strategy by ensuring we have a strong consumer-needs-based value proposition, the right business model across stakeholders, and effective distribution opportunities
• Package other MC assets within the debit value proposition to drive differentiation, market share gains, and revenue opportunities
• Understand and help regions to leverage global best practices around product positioning and regulation – both with internal and external stakeholders.
Act as an expert, advocate and champion for Debit products to internal and external stakeholders
Responsible for overall product financial performance including P&L
• Assist with the creation of training materials and development activities to advance the capability of the downstream marketing team and account teams.
• Conduct market development activities and drive market preparation activities, translating marketing strategy to sales and account strategies and channel management approaches if appropriate.
• Liaise with regional and country teams to roll up local sales activities into a global view.
• Lead a team of diverse product managers including coaching and developing employees, goal setting, and performance appraisal process.
All About You
• Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree preferred
• Solid payments and Product experience required, retail banking background or debit product knowledge desired
• Proven track-record of success in bringing ideas from creation to execution
• Strong execution skills, able to get things done through influencing others
• Previous people management experience in leading a high-performing team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to present to customers and at conferences
• Strong business acumen – ability to understand and make recommendations around pricing
Experience working and building relationships with colleagues from multiple countries or markets
Self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering success while operating within a matrix and team environment