Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American Title’s Mortgage Solutions division provides lenders with solutions to originate, close and service quality loans. We believe that our people are the key to the company’s continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists.
Come see why we’re on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list (for the 3rd year in a row!) We take pride in our “People First” company culture and we want you to join our team as our Vice President, Product Management. In this role, you will be responsible for product strategy, product development and execution, product roadmap, distribution and product positioning for First American Mortgage Solution mortgage origination products.
The VP, Product Management will partner with the division Business Directors to create and market differentiated products and solutions to maximize revenue growth within their business line. Major responsibilities include product strategy for mortgage origination products with an emphasis on deploying mortgage analytics, defining differentiated products and furthering enablement of digital mortgages via APIs and other emerging technologies.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience leading product management teams while launching new products and realizing new revenue. Key skills include creating business case and Go To Market plans, sales pitch and product marketing messages as well as having the ability to manage across multiple product lines, be highly effective at prioritization of roadmaps and technical resources and able to manage compliance and regulatory issues impacting product definition.
- Drive product strategy, planning, and design to ensure the product line is differentiated from competitors in the market place. Maintain information on competitive offerings, deliver clearly differentiated products, and communicate the superior value of our products to a wide range of audiences.
- Identify and grow partnerships. Understand the needs of key and target customers, translate those needs into high-level product requirements, and provide prioritized direction to the product development team and matrix organization.
- Partner with business directors, finance, sales and marketing leadership to define the go to market strategy, vision and pricing strategy for products.
- Develop and champion approval of business case and business plans for new products up through executive level.
- Lead the product decision process for new product development and product upgrades.
- Influence decisions made by key stakeholders, including regulators, legislators, and suppliers. Provide thought leadership including content for industry articles and conference speaking engagements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work/industry experience; Master’s preferred
- Twelve years of prior product management and/or experience in mortgage finance industry.
- Must have a strong background and proven results in strategy and business planning, understanding the Product Lifecycle (PLC).
- Eight years of technical and/or product experience in comparable roles in similar size companies.
- Five years management responsibility
- Ability to present at relevant industry conferences in front of large audiences.
- Demonstrated success in developing new product requirements, roadmaps, and business plans that meet or exceed their revenue and profit expectations.
- Success in positioning products to win in competitive environments and consistently winning against the key competitors.
- Proven track record of working cross functionally with IT, sales, marketing, and operations over the product lifecycle to maximize return on investment for individual and product families
- Ability to understand core business problems faced by customers and to translate those into product requirements that can successfully address the problems.
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Excellent project management, organizational and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal, written and group communication skills; Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Supervision/leadership skills
- Demonstrated success with meeting the needs of a wide range of employees while driving team performance, monitoring results and appropriately allocating resources
- Negotiation skills
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.