Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Product Management, CommercialOverview
The non-card, business-to-business (‘B2B’) payments space represents a significant new opportunity for Mastercard since credit card-based payments amount to less than 1% of the value of payments made between businesses. Mastercard is developing Track a KYC / KYS and data-rich accounts payable platform / solution directed at mid / large corporates that will revolutionize how buyers and suppliers interact to make the process more transparent and efficient.
The Mastercard Track Product Management team leads the launch and delivery of this new platform. As a member of this team, you will have the chance to shape and influence a new-to-world product using your customer insights and product development capabilities. Reporting to the SVP of Commercial Product Management, this role combines the need creativity, strong leadership skills with a knowledge industry best practices in Procurement and Accounts Payable.
Mastercard Track is a key focus of overall commercial / B2B strategy and is integral to our success. Joining us in the early phases this transformative and strategic initiative provides the opportunity for an entrepreneurial experience in a $200B company.
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Does delivering on a big vision from the ground up excite you?
• Do you have passion for helping Mastercard to enter a new area, opening up new opportunities and possibilities for the company, its partners and customers?
• Are you interested in building a big business at Mastercard?
• Do you have what it takes to be an Entrepreneur inside a large organization?
• Do you have passion for helping MasterCard to enter new spaces, opening up new opportunities and possibilities for the company, its partners and customers
• If you answered YES to the above questions – come, talk to us!
• Drive development of product features based on an understanding of customer needs, market trends, and competitive opportunities
• Build and manage product roadmap by leveraging expertise in procure to pay networks (E.g. Ariba, Coupa) and accounts payable systems to create a differentiated solutionOwn and manage product roadmap outlining enhancements, features and improvements with input from internal and external constituents (customers, research, sales, operations, support, marketing, technology and other product groups). Evaluate priorities and refinements to roadmap as necessary
• Partner with technology through all phases of product lifecycle, including design, build and test of requirements and manage on-time delivery of releases
• Coordinate with other functional teams and support the creation of client facing collateral, operational processes and best practices to deliver best user experience
• Support and enable regional product & sales teams to enable go-to-market efforts
• Serve as a product SME for business partners and functional teams
Build and lead a team of diverse product managers including coaching and developing employees, goal setting, and performance appraisal process.
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
• Strong product development / management experience, preferably with a scaled agile methodology
• Strong technical knowledge and understanding of one or more key corporate business roles, specifically, procurement/sourcing, payments and/or supply chain risk management
• Track record of strong leadership and people management skills
• Ability to make quick, timely decisions in the face of limited and ambiguous information
• Proven project execution skills, able to get things done through influencing others
• Manage across all levels within a complex, matrixed environment
• Team-oriented, collaborative and excellent communication and interpersonal skills