The Vice President Product Management, Electric Advanced Metering Infrastructure is responsible for the strategy, roadmap, new product introductions (NPIs), forecasting revenue and Profit and Loss (P&L) for the assigned product segment. He or she is the overall business leader for the scope of responsibility and is responsible for delivering aggressive growth goals for the business.
- Deliver annual budget, 3-year strategic plan and execute to annual budget for the Electric Advanced Metering Infrastructure P&L.
- Deliver the business results for their scope of responsibility.
- Lead the development of product vision, strategy and roadmap that delivers a differentiated solution based on market and competitive conditions and customer demands.
- Act as a cross functional leader within the company promoting the Aclara strategy and product line.
- Coordinate efforts, motivate internal teams, and manage priorities and concerns of the major stake-holders.
- Lead team to deliver Product Review Documents (PRDs) with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Create a business case with financial analysis to support PRDs for new products including projected ROI based upon market projections. Work with internal stakeholders to obtain estimated sales volumes and product costs to develop the financial analysis. Work with internal stakeholders to obtain approval for product development.
- Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
- Work with Sales, Finance, operations and Account Management to deliver a monthly revenue forecast.
- Working closely with Marketing Communications to develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
- Provide training and support for sales team and targeted customers.
- Perform market research to inform the development of short-term and long-term strategic product plans. Work with internal and external teams to ensure the timely delivery of high quality products and services
- Monitor competitor activities to support strategic and tactical business planning.
- Work with internal and external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities that can accelerate the growth of the business.
- Manage the product life cycle from product introduction to retirement.
- Must be an effective leader capable of achieving results: motivate and coach team.
- Support Sales Teams and channel partners through the development of presentations, demonstrations, and other materials. Train the sales teams on the product lines. Develop remote demonstrations to support sales efforts. Support the development of proposal responses. Attend sales meetings with customers to highlight solution value and perform system demonstrations to show the functional capability of the system.
- Assist in developing corporate standard technical presentations and documentation to ensure consistent messaging.
- Assist Sales in the development of sales forecasts for the assigned product portfolio.
- Support the company’s regulatory efforts.
- Other tasks as assigned by executive leadership.
- Bachelor’s or higher-level degree in Engineering or Technical related field of study and an MBA.
- Minimum of 10 years’ commercial experience in product marketing, product management and sales, Demonstrated commercial success with emphasis on business and product strategy development and execution.
- Must have commercially managed a complex / technical business and have strong P&L and related technical capabilities.
- Must have managed a large P&L
- Proven ability to lead cross functional teams with and without formal authority.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Able to travel at least 30% via air or land.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking