Vice President, Product Development & Innovation, Prepaid
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Product Development & Innovation, PrepaidOverview
To achieve our 2020 goals, Global Prepaid has defined a strategy based on 3 pillars: embedding value, enabling growth, and digital innovation. Key to supporting this strategy is the development of new technology and enablement platforms that can help Mastercard drive new use case development that are digitally focused and embed value as part of our partner deals. To that end, the Vice President - Platforms and Digital Enablement role will define and own the strategy and execution of the products, solutions and partnerships required to achieve this vision; assess opportunities, define and create new products/prototypes and test differentiated value propositions that meet stakeholder needs (eg, consumer, merchants, banks, governments, issuers)
• Leads the ideation, development and execution of global prepaid platform and digital enablement strategy into innovative new product, platform and service solutions
• Leads evaluation and delivery for Prepaid's most strategically critical new service, Assemble, and the refresh and expansion of the Mobile Payments Gateway (MPG)
• Evaluates and prioritizes the development pipeline and market implementation strategy for the Prepaid platforms including strategy definition, solution design/architecture and GTM considerations
• Identifies and recommends new Prepaid products, services, and capabilities delivered by the platforms in partnership with internal and external stakeholders at a global and regional level including: product management, regional sales teams and other cross-functional teams (DP&L, ESS, O&T, Legal etc.); external partners such as systems integrators, fintech providers, processors and program managers.
• Demonstrate and execute thought leadership, product/technology development expertise and strong project management skills in the integration of technology into new Prepaid product and service solutions, including leading executive level meetings with customers and partners as well as represent MasterCard Prepaid at industry events, conferences and speaking engagements.
• Drive cross-Core Products alignment and identify synergies for platform technology; identify Assemble application for products beyond Prepaid and use cases internal to MasterCard (e.g. Test & Learn Prototyping Facility)
• Responsible for indirect management of 3 Director level FTE and direct management of 5 contractors in support of platform operations.
• Identify, evaluate and prioritize business cases for new markets and product opportunities leveraging the Prepaid platforms
• Collaborate with Global and Regional Prepaid Product Management teams to identify, evaluate and prioritize business cases to improve/enhance existing business and product opportunities.
• Define and build the long term Assemble business model to improve MasterCard's footprint and competitiveness in new prepaid flows and through new distribution partners
• Partners with Product Management to productize the Prepaid platforms including pricing strategy and prioritizing necessary technology enhancements
All About You
• Experienced technology thought leader with proven track record in product development, platform solutions and digital payments products
• Demonstrated ability to create compelling value propositions and business models to enable rapid GTM
• Experience in overseeing the rapid development of new product solutions and delivery of complex technology platforms
• Demonstrated ability to act as subject matter expert and product champion by presenting compelling product propositions to senior key stakeholders (e.g., potential and current investors) at demonstrations and external industry events, and customers.
• Proven success at synthesizing products and services from multiple functional areas into compelling value propositions that align with customer needs on a global level