Christiana Care Health System (CCHS) is seeking a transformational leader for the position of Vice President Primary Care to join the Medical Group of Christiana Care's (MGCC) executive leadership team with operational oversight of 25+ primary care practices located in Delaware, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. This is an excellent career opportunity for a highly experienced healthcare operations leader who has successfully managed large complex or multiple practices for a minimum of seven years. This executive reports to the COO of the MGCC and partners with the Chair Family and Community Medicine with strategic, operational and fiscal responsibility for the Primary and Community Medicine service line.
- Oversee operations of all medical practices in the Primary and Community Medicine Service Line.
- In conjunction with the MGCC executive team develop and provide the operations support to deliver optimal patient centered care in the most efficient way with appropriate resources.
- Lead, support, mentor and engage the primary care operations leadership team.
- Develop and lead initiatives to achieve Christiana Care's strategy of population health via a clinically integrated network approach.
- Drive innovation in care delivery models and lead practice transformation to implement new models.
- Strategize with primary care operations and clinical leaders to develop and implement action steps to ensure continuous improvement of business practice operations.
- In partnership with MGCC executive leadership, prepare, present and manage the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Lead strategic and workforce planning initiatives and ensure processes are in places that reflect best practices in caregiver talent, recruitment, onboarding, training and engagement.
- In partnership with MGCC executive leadership, lead business planning processes and the expansion strategy for the Primary and Community Medicine Service Line.
- Participate in the selection, integration and evaluation of health care technology and information systems.
- Represent MGCC executive team on community, governmental, and CCHS committees, groups and task forces as needed.Position Qualifications:
- Master's degree required.
- A minimum of seven years Director-level leadership experience (or experience managing leaders) required; preferably in a large complex medical practice setting or with oversight of multiple medical practices/clinics.
- A strategic thinker with experience in strategic planning and innovative program design required.
- Experience functioning both as a leader and member of multi-disciplinary teams focused on process improvement initiatives related to quality, patient experience, human resources, care delivery and resource allocation required.
- Proven experience recruiting, onboarding, training, coaching and leading highly engaged teams of leaders, providers and caregivers required.
- Experience with integrating medical practices and building/construction projects preferred.