We are seeking a Vice President to:
- Provide overall administration, direction, coordination, and evaluation of ambulatory operations Primary Care and Population Health Management activities of UW Health.
- Translate strategic plans and budget targets into operational action plans which guide resource allocation and the coordination and direction of personnel; direct operations in areas of responsibility to achieve the annual operating plan.
Minimum – Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Nursing or other applicable field.
Preferred – Master’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Public Administration, Public Health, Nursing or other applicable field.
Minimum – Seven (7) years of progressively responsible management in ambulatory care experience in an integrated healthcare delivery system or academic medical center with a large physician practice component.
Preferred – Experience with an academic medical center
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of modern health care administration, systems, practices and principles.
- Effective leadership abilities: Record of initiating change and innovation, Strategic thinking, planning, problem solving and superior communication skills, both in written and verbal presentation.
- Effective human relations abilities to effect collaborative alliances and promote teamwork and ensure a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction and engagement.
- Ability to succeed in a complex environment where decision-making may be diffuse and ambiguous.
- Demonstrated exemplary presentation skills to engage and motivate organizational stakeholders.
- Proven success in developing a large high performing staff, establishing performance standards, and transitioning staff through organizational change, with an emphasis on the ability to recruit and manage a culturally diverse workforce.
- A high degree of professionalism and competency dealing with a variety of individuals including physicians, senior executives, hospital administration, and external constituents.
- Experience in preparing operating and capital budgets.
- An ability to organize and present data in a concise and easily understood manner, often to professionals, physicians and board members.
- Ability to be recognized as a positive change agent.
- Proven success as a dynamic and empowering leader who possesses a positive attitude to instill a vision for excellence with innovation and creativity.
- Conflict management and resolution skills.
- Skilled developer of relationships and partnerships.
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.