Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share four core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
- Putting Clients First
- Doing the Right Thing
- Leading with Exceptional Ideas
- Giving Back
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
- Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
- Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
- Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm's capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.Qualifications
- This is a "player / coach" role. The ideal candidate will be a more experienced individual with a willingness and ability to do all of the below while managing members of his / her team to do the same in the context of each of their overall development plans.
- Manage a diverse portfolio of Securities Based, Unsecured and Other Secured loans for Tailored Lending Borrowers (Ultra High Net Worth Individuals).
- Timely transition loans from Underwriting to Portfolio Management with a thorough review of the credit including, but not limited to, ensuring that: (i) loan documentation accurately represent the terms of the credit approval memorandum and permits Morgan Stanley to enforce its rights on the collateral in a default situation; (ii) Internal Credit Ratings are current and accurately reflected in the reporting systems; and (iii) financial covenant and financial reporting trackers are accurate.
- Promptly respond / manage daily Margin Calls.
- Continuously monitor / manage the ongoing financial condition and performance of the portfolio inclusive of financial covenant compliance, financial reporting compliance, and monitoring the value/condition of loan collateral. Identify early warning signals in deteriorating credits and escalation to Senior Management. Make timely recommendations regarding changes in credit classification and risk rating. Develop/ implement remedial action plans.
- In conjunction with the Senior Lending Transactor and/or Financial Advisor, maintain frequent communication with the Borrower. Keep current on major developments and changes in financial condition and identification of potential additional financing needs. Credit Professional is required to keep the Senior Lending Transactor informed of relationship status and action plans on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for ASC 310 analysis and recommendation of provision to the Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL) for the portfolio.
- Provide input on due diligence on new credit requests, modifications, renewals and increases for existing clients including credit analysis, financial statement analysis, client meetings / calls.
- Complete within designated due dates Annual Reviews, Renewals, Amendments / Restructures and the underwriting of new extensions of credit to portfolio clients. Manage all loan requests within stated turn times unless justified as an exception. Manage expectations through active communication with FA and/or Sales Coverage.
- Produce high quality credit memoranda clearly outlining transaction, purpose, strengths, risks and mitigants.
- Utilize credit authority in an appropriate manner in accordance with credit policies and procedures and protecting the interests of the firm. Articulate recommendation in a clear, concise and informed manner. Demonstrate acceptable level of preparation and knowledge
- Work with internal and external legal counsel in preparation of amendments, waivers, and loan documents.
- Ensure accurate and timely update of pipeline reports. Participate in ongoing pipeline meetings. Facilitate meeting budgeted loan volume goals through efficient and timely processing of loan requests.
- Responsible for the integrity of Borrower's loan data in credit systems and work in collaboration with Loan Operations.
- Participate in projects related to collateral expansion, policy and procedure changes, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree preferred although not required
- Minimum 15 years of lending and credit analysis in private bank or commercial bank, including securities based financing, asset backed lending and unsecured lending.
- Formal commercial credit training required.
- Detail oriented with exceptional analytical skills.
- Significant accounting and finance knowledge.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Maintain poise and presence coupled with exceptional interpersonal skills to manage relationships with sophisticated high net worth clients and their advisors.
- Possess strong customer service, problem identification and solution techniques.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage expectations.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Good collaboration skills in a team-oriented environment.