What you'll do:
Our Commercial Real Estate team is seeking a Portfolio Manager to be responsible for analyzing, structuring, underwriting and coordinating the closing of major and complex commercial loans in compliance with the Bank's lending policies and procedures. The Portfolio Manager will work with the Relationship Manager to manage loans to ensure the credit risks are responsibly monitored and identified. This position will assist in attaining established Bank, region and branch goals through active participation in underwriting and closing desirable credits with the Relationship Manager. The Portfolio Manager is responsible for assuring compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.What we are looking for:
- Work closely with the Relationship Manager to develop new and or maintain existing client relationships while ensuring a timely credit process from start to finish.
- Along with the Relationship Manager, interface with clients in-person, over the phone and email in order to assess their credit needs and determine the best structure and items needed for analysis.
- Gather and analyze necessary information to present along with the Relationship Manager, a financing request to senior management or Loan Committee for approval;
- Coordinate processing of approved loans; ensure loans are processed according to agreement, customer needs and conform to Bank lending policies; obtain sufficient information and/or documentation from customers; assist in solving problems relative to processing and servicing of loans within the Relationship Managers portfolio;
- Reinforce superior customer service through your own example along with appropriate follow-through with involved customers and employees.
- Handle various other underwriting, portfolio management and upkeep tasks and responsibilities related to new loan requests and/or the existing Relationship Managers portfolio.
- Bachelor\s Degree from a 4 year college or university degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 8 years Commercial underwriting experience at a financial institution.
- Exceptional credit knowledge and underwriting skills in Commercial Real Estate lending.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
- Strong portfolio management skills allowing for timely identification of credit concerns by bringing items of concern to the Relationship Managers attention;
- Outstanding presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent ability to juggle multiple credit requests at once.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial attitude and an upbeat positive outlook.