Genworth is a Fortune 500 financial services company providing financial security and protection through our Mortgage Insurance and Long Term Care Insurance businesses. Our purpose is to help families achieve the dream of homeownership and address the financial challenges of aging. At Genworth, our promise to our employees is the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers, our communities, and one another.
Led by our Chief Investment Officer, the Investment Department manages a consolidated investment portfolio of nearly $75 billion and consists of investment professionals focused on portfolio management, risk management, asset management, derivatives, operations, finance and accounting functions.
As a direct report to Genworth's Chief Investment Officer and key member of the Investments Leadership Team, the VP will lead a team of portfolio managers to 1) design and implement asset allocations for individual portfolios, 2) develop strong relationships with Genworth's Insurance product lines and business partners to better understand liabilities including liability duration, liquidity and optionality, 3) work closely with asset managers to understand market developments and asset class capabilities.
Key deliverables include understanding the needs of various constituencies (shareholders, policyholders, regulators, rating agencies, etc.), balancing book yield and total return objectives, and training and educating team members to deliver high quality and executable strategies. The VP, Portfolio Management is part of the Investments leadership team and is expected to work closely with all Investment functions including Asset Management, Derivatives, and Risk Management.
- Develop portfolio policy and guidelines with business partners
- Develop asset liability strategy
- Develop, manage and mentor a team of professionals
- Determine appropriate asset allocation mix over the long and short time horizon
- Partner with product line leaders
- Design and execute effectively on investment strategies
- Partner with the Derivatives team and incorporate strategies
- Work with Risk team to assess portfolio risk profile and rebalance as necessary
- Provide Investment expertise insight to Genworth business leadership team
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 7 years of experience leading a team
- Strong Fixed Income knowledge
- Knowledge of the Portfolio Management process for an insurance company
- At least 10 years of experience in one or more of the following: 1) asset-liability management or product management position at an insurance company or 2) portfolio manager of insurance company funds at an asset management firm or within an insurance company
- MBA or CFA
- Accounting/FASB understanding
- Exposure to one or more relevant asset classes
- Ability to communicate effectively with all constituents within the portfolio management and banking industry