POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for building and leading NuScale’s service delivery capability. Responsible for developing a plant services business capable of effectively supporting the needs of our customers in the period pre- and post-commercial operation of NuScale power plants, while maximizing revenue in the delivery of such services. Development of the IP and service delivery capability shall be in accordance with approved business plans and in accordance with the overall Integrated Master Schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the Services organization in accomplishing its development and delivery
- Defines operational and pre-operational service requirements for the NuScale reference plant.
- Leads the development of the information, systems, processes, etc. associated with the activities that NuScale will conduct in the period pre-commercial operation associated with the delivery of the NuScale power plant. These activities support NuScale’s scope of supply with focus on confirming NuScale supplied equipment and the facility overall functions and operates as intended and in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Lead the development of the operational-related intellectual property (IP) (e.g., Operational Platform) that will be developed and provided with the sale of NuScale power plants.
- Facilitates or leads as appropriate the development of other NuScale IP and capability needed to deliver the intended and approved services.
- Leads the delivery of services post-commercial operation in manner that ensure they are performed or delivered in a quality, timely and cost effective manner while maximizing NuScale’s revenue and profitability.
- Develops plant-staffing requirements and basis of estimate for the cost to operate a NuScale reference plant.
- Leads or supports key customer interface meetings in order to obtain customer input to operating strategies, procedures and service offerings.
- Accountable for the development of business plans for the post-commercial operation service delivery program that includes identification and analysis of services to be delivered, supporting tools and infrastructure needed for the delivery, organizational delivery models, and a pro forma identifying expected revenue and profitability for these services on a per plant or other appropriate basis.
- Provides cross-organizational communication and supports other offices.
- Prepares and approves budgets and schedules.
- Reviews, analyzes, and approves project estimates, forecasts, and schedules.
- Keeps abreast of nuclear operating best practices and techniques to optimize operation and a maintenance of the NuScale reference plant.
- Reviews and recommends or approves contracts and cost estimates.
- Identifies, mentors, and develops organizational talent.
- Assesses and tracks quality of plant services work products, seeking improvements and innovations for continuous improvement.
- Assists Marketing and Sales personnel in client contacts to demonstrate the company’s service delivery capabilities.
- Interfaces and coordinates with internal and external clients as assigned for successful project execution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate competencies in performing the essential functions of this position by performing satisfactorily in each of these competencies.
- Business Acumen: A strategic thinker with good business perspective and an understanding of the company’s business. Able to function comfortably in executive level stakeholder and customer interactions. Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks within the organization and at executive level within the customer’s organization.
- Problem solving: Decisive with good judgment. Identifies and resolves problems in an efficient and effective manner. Gathers and reviews information appropriately. Uses own judgment and acts independently; seeks input from peer executives and other team members as appropriate for complex or sensitive situations.
- Oral/written communication: Strong communication skills, externally and internally. Listens carefully and speaks clearly and professionally in all situations. Edits work for accuracy and clarity, Is able to create, read and interpret complex written information.
- Planning/organizing: Capable leader able to establish a vision and align an organization around the vision. Prioritizes and plans work activities, organizes personal and project timelines and deadlines, tracks project timelines and deadlines, and uses time efficiently.
- Integrity: Is trusted by peers and subordinates.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability: Consistently on time and at work, responds to management expectations.
- Team Building: Capable of developing strong interpersonal networks and trust within the organization, setting expectations and requirements and achieving accountability of supervised personnel. Leads consensus as appropriate by involving all stakeholders as appropriate, facilitating their understanding of differences, agreeing on requirements and constraints, and developing the best solution. Ability to clearly delineate roles and responsibilities, identify the decision maker, and get results within a healthy and constructive intra and inter-departmental work environment.
- Safety Culture: Adheres to the NuScale Safety culture policy and is expected to model safe behavior and influence peers to meet high standards. Demonstrates by word and behavior the ability to support a healthy Safety Conscious Working Environment.
- Quality Assurance: Expert understanding or ability to understand the quality assurance regulations, standards and guidelines of 10 CFR 50, Appendix B, 10 CFR 21, and NQA-1 preferred.
MINIMUM SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Education: B.S. degree in engineering, engineering technology, or science required. MBA or advanced engineering degree desired.
- Experience: A minimum of fifteen years’ experience working for a nuclear reactor technology development company, five of which is in its services delivery organization is required. Senior Reactor Operator certification at an operating nuclear generating facility, nuclear-related construction and startup experience, or nuclear technology or services business development experience required. Must have strong, demonstrated technical writing, communication and leadership skills. Must have basic understanding of project management principles and related information technology tools.
- Management: Capable of managing and motivating personnel assigned to designated control account work and coordinating multiple technical discipline interfaces to provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Industry Requirements: Eligible to work under Department of Energy 10 CFR Part 810.
- Work Location: Work from home office is expected, but position requires regular and routine in-person engagement with work team located primarily in our Corvallis, OR, and Richland, WA offices.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly using a phone, personal interaction, and computers.
- Ability to learn new job functions and comprehend and understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a rapidly evolving environment.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and stand, walk, bend, use hands to operate office equipment, and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally using common forms of transportation.
- With appropriate training, able to work on an active NuScale power plant construction project site in connection with the NuScale Service delivery organization’s delivery of pre-commercial operation services.