8 - 10 years
Posted 250 days ago
Vice President, Physician Practice Management located at UP Health System Marquette in Marquette, Michigan, provides leadership, direction and ongoing administration and management for all aspects of Physician Practice Management and ensures policies and procedures are implemented for efficient, effective management of all programs. Has overall responsibility for all aspects of Physician Practice Management's financial and operational performance and is accountable to communicate and implement Group and Hospital strategic initiatives to meet the program goals and objectives. Responsible to the company at all levels: HSC, Group, and hospital to assist in the integration of physicians into the Group's delivery system.
• Based on the facilities strategic plan, supports the development of Medical Staff Development plans and targets that align with service line delivery goals.
• Guides the development and deployment of a series of best practice processes for developing, marketing existing practices and more effectively ramping new practices.
• Manages the execution of practice development plans within a market and/or region.
• In support of service line development plans, ensures each practice has the facilities and equipment required in order to achieve stated service, quality and patient satisfaction targets.
• Works with Practice Operations to address any clinical operations performance factors serving as barriers to the achievement of stated service line objectives.
• Manages physician employment process, contracting, compensation and renewals in accordance with LifePoint standards and requirements.
• Supports the engagement of specific practices within Clinically Integrated Networks.
• OmniPoint strategy – as we look to expand GS, Ortho and add new service line w/ GI, ENT, Cardio, etc need her to assist with coordinating OmniPoint operations w/ hospital strategy/service line integration leader.
• Population Health/CIN – work with Pop Health team to coordinate efforts locally as it relates to the physician practices role in making the endeavor successful.
• Supervises, leads and develops Market Directors and Market Managers to oversee day-to-day operations of the Group's employed physicians.
• Develop and implement specific programs, products, and services to support the long-range strategic direction for the Group's employed physicians.
• Assists with due diligence for the Group’s Employed Practice acquisitions, coordinates findings with Group, identifies operational requirements and opportunities to incorporate post acquisition; assist with financial monitoring.
• Serves as communication liaison with Hospital Management, Group, Physician Services, and practices.
• Oversees the coordination of operational start-up for new practices with Physician Practice Management staff.
• Monitors all physician employment agreements for physicians and any contract provisions, updates, and revisions that address the responsibilities of Physician Practice Management.
• Supervises the Group's practice management team and provides assistance in determining appropriate staffing needs.
• Conducts on-site practice visits to meet with physicians and staff.
• Communicates any operational opportunities to the Hospital CEO, Group President, and Physician Services.
• Oversees and directs administrative activities such as systems to maintain accurate and comprehensive files for: patient records; current operational policies and procedures; internal and external reports and correspondence; governmental and regulatory standards.
• Provides recommendations for operational changes and ensures implementation and adherence.
• Identifies and recommends a course of action for approval to the Group President, Hospital, and Physician Services on organizational and/or operational problems requiring intervention or resolution.
• Coordinates the preparation of the annual Practice Management operational and capital budgets; participates in the ongoing evaluation of the allocation of funds and expenses, and provides monthly and annual statistical data, interpretation and variance reporting with timely immediate corrective action plans.
• Ensures execution of LifePoint Physician Services' "Meaningful Use Current State Assessment & Road Map to the Future" Business Plan. The Plan is designed to achieve Meaningful Use in the employed medical practices. Responsible for updating the Plan as required.
• Ensures that the Practice Management Service Line is positioned to optimize the performance of the EMR strategy with goals to improve quality, clinical outcomes, and productivity.
(Experience, Education and Special Certifications…)
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience managing physician practices and ten (10) years of experience in healthcare management
• Proven verbal, quantitative, financial and interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Health Management or Business Administration
• In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of Hospital and medical practice administration.
• Prefer experience in multi-practice management and ability to travel up to 75%