This is a great opportunity to be a part of a successful Healthcare IT company experiencing significant growth. We have proven products that address the leading causes of gaps in patient care, brand-name customers, significant growth opportunities and are backed by leading investors. Here you'll get to work with some of the smartest and most interesting people around; solving unique and complex challenges in healthcare on a scale matched by few companies.
Over 300,000 healthcare professionals, 67,000 pharmacies and 60% of the healthcare IT vendors in the market depend on us every day to help them improve patient outcomes and reduce risk, by managing medication safety and efficiency, reducing clinical errors, and eliminating or overcoming the barriers to effective communication both within and outside healthcare facilities and organizations.
Our culture is entrepreneurial, team oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced. If you get excited about stretching yourself in new ways, developing yourself to your fullest potential, and care about working with smart colleagues; we want to talk to you!
DrFirst, a pioneer in healthcare IT solutions, is seeking an individual to join our established pharmacy sales team. The Vice President, Pharmacy Solutions will effectively promote participation in the DrFirst solutions, including, but not limited to, Backline, VisibilityRx, and Medication History. In this role, you will prioritize key DrFirst pharmacy initiatives with industry stakeholders including pharmacy system vendors and pharmacy chains (10 stores or greater) through phone calls, in-person visits, conferences, and meetings. You will coordinate between all internal and external stakeholders, to effectively win and close new revenue-generating business, win and close new sources of medication history through purchase or barter, and new participating pharmacies for the company's VisibilityRx solution.
Who will love this job:
- A Focused and Driven Individual who works with purpose and passion
- A Driver - You have a passion for success and are always trying to perfect your craft. You do not stop until you reach or exceed your goals
- A Process-Driven Individual with strong attention to detail and willing to build and maintain a sales funnel of all prospects and products using NetSuite
- A builder that enjoys developing new business opportunities, strategies, and solutions with HIT vendors
- An Individual with a Passion for urgency, pursuing internal and external stakeholders with creative solution designs which may include the sale of products, barter, or payment for participation.
- Hard Working Individuals that want to have fun, and maintain a proactive/positive attitude
- Pharmacy Industry Veteran with an extensive rolodex of established pharmacy industry relationships and expertise of the pharmacy chain space
- A strategic operationalist who utilizes a data-driven approach to make decisions and set a clear strategy and operating plan for our sales team to hit ambitious revenue goals
What you will work on
- Internal champion for pharmacy chains and system vendors
- Sales responsibilities: Outreach to the pharmacy chains greater than 10 stores and vendors to drive the sales of DrFirst pharmacy facing products and solutions. Responsibilities include prospecting, contracting, expense management, marketing coordination, trade show participation, etc.
- Account management responsibilities: Maintain active ongoing dialogue with all pharmacy chains and vendors work to coordinate meetings between internal stakeholders and customers where appropriate and necessary.
- Own the relationship with the customer and seek to position him/herself as the point through which customer communications happen.
- The Vice President, Pharmacy Sales will be responsible for managing the independent pharmacy sales effort and all associated salespeople.
- Work with internal team members to develop collateral, training materials, and website relevance for pharmacy.
- Work with internal team members to develop and maintain a robust database of pharmacy system vendors and pharmacy chains to achieve sales goals and corporate informational / reporting goals.
- Work closely with the independent pharmacy sales team and pharmacy system vendors to secure the vendor's independent pharmacy use of DrFirst products.
- Work closely with the DrFirst hospital team to support existing hospital clients by strategically focusing on key pharmacy chains and pharmacy system vendors with whom DrFirst desires to include in our medication history hosting services.
- Willingness to travel nationwide to include sales calls, pharmacy trade shows, industry trade shows, corporate initiatives/meetings, and Individual pharmacy chain and pharmacy system vendor events.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years business development/sales in pharmacy solutions industry
- Type A Personality, with passion and desire to be the best
- Closer, financially driven/motivated, and team player
- Rolodex and relationships with pharmacy chain and vendor contacts at the corporate/C-suite level
- 40% Travel
- 50% Desk/phone work
- 10% Standing/moving throughout the office