Role and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the CEO, Grammarly's VP People will be responsible for the people function globally, including both recruiting and engagement/HR. They will drive the vision and strategy of the people function, and related implementation, ensuring Grammarly has the team in place to deliver on our goals and long-term vision. Responsibilities and objectives include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating teamwide to meet our recruiting objectives
- Building a people operations function capable of empowering our managers and team to reach their goals
- Building a world-class HR business partner function helping our organization and our management team scale a highly engaged and inclusive team
- Serving as a key thought partner — advising, coaching and influencing the CEO and Grammarly leadership team on matters of talent, succession, people development and compensation
- Implementing an analytical, scalable, data-based approach to building Grammarly's organization, aligning business objectives with broader people strategies
- Building programs supporting diversity and inclusion at scale into our systems and processes
You Will Be Successful if You:
- Connect with people at all levels of our organization
- Apply a strategic view with analytics to effectively plan for the future
- Ideate and iterate effective HR processes companywide
- Collaborate cross-functionally with managers in every function as partners of the people team
- Apply first-hand experience leading and managing teams to coach managers and executives
- Facilitate organizational change and discussions as we evolve
- Have a clear point of view and interest in diversity and inclusion
- Apply experience working with global teams
- Ethical - Be honorable and earn trust by doing the right thing every time, even when no one is watching.
- Adaptable - Embrace change to evolve and succeed with a positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Gritty - Focus and persevere to achieve long-term goals by doing what it takes to get the job done, whenever it's necessary.
- Empathetic - Treat others as they want to be treated and collaborate by actively listening to put yourselves in their shoes, and then respond accordingly.
- Remarkable - Always be learning and be humble to continually improve, seeking out mentors and learning opportunities.