Vice President - People & Culture Strategy, Enablement & Communications
An exciting and impactful opportunity awaits a senior leader who is passionate about the team member experience and the amazing people who support it.
We are looking for an inspiring leader with a proven ability to translate complex challenges into strategic plans, to execute on those plans and to embed continuous innovation throughout the portfolio. If this sounds like you, please read on.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President of People & Culture and CHRO, the VP – Strategy, Enablement and Communications leads 7 direct reports and supports 40 passionate team members all of whom are focused on delivering an exceptional team member experience for TELUS. Key functions that report into this role include Strategy and Program Management, Systems and Support, People Analytics, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Communications.
Among many key competencies, the successful individual will be a compelling and inspirational leader that can articulate the vision and execute on that plan. The role’s pursuits will also include leading enterprise initiatives and the integrated coordination of key People & Culture functions.
The Vice President is accountable for four primary outcomes:
- Team member experience – instill a culture that focuses on improving the team member experience by simplifying processes, re-inventing internal digital platforms, innovating on existing services and inspiring the Strategy, Enablement and Communication team to challenge the status quo
- Team member engagement – deliver powerful communications in combination with direct stewardship of the TELUS People Plan to inspire a cultural evolution that will enhance the effectiveness of our number one competitive advantage, the TELUS team
- Program delivery and effectiveness – define and deliver key People & Culture priorities that support and amplify core portfolios; this includes, but is not limited to growing people analytics capabilities, delivering engaging team member communications and, driving accountability for departmental financial discipline (including cost transformation programs)
- Transformational leadership – offer thought provoking and innovative ideas to support the evolution of P&C and lead the team through ongoing change initiatives that support team members, customers, and our business
Key abilities required:
- Strategic vision – execute on Strategy, Enablement & Communications programs that advances, elevates and differentiates People & Culture at TELUS
- Thought leader – Ability to go beyond subject matter expertise and be on the cutting edge of forward thinking People Practices
- Compelling communicator – clear, concise and confident delivery, adjusted for diverse audiences that influence and deliver the right outcomes
- Program management – outstanding execution founded on proactive planning, change agility and commitment-based management principles
- Culture driver – foster a strong team member culture and create an extraordinary place to work, grow and develop
- Customer mindset – streamline processes to reduce team member effort and make it easier for team members to deliver on our service promise
- Leadership courage to try new ideas, make tough decisions and determine the key opportunities
- Embrace change with the ability to adapt quickly to changing dynamics and thrive in ambiguity
- A passion for growth demonstrating the agility required to respond to market conditions with speed and enthusiasm
- Spirited teamwork including the ability to listen to, empathize with, connect with and inspire everyone from frontline team members through to all levels of executive leadership
- The ability to work collaboratively across the People & Culture team, across the TELUS organization and with external partners
Required professional designation/certification:
- University degree
- MBA or Master’s degree is highly desirable
- Minimum seven years’ experience at an executive level leading a complex portfolio in People and Culture (or similar business unit)
- Demonstrated experience managing geographically dispersed teams
- Demonstrated leadership experience and understanding of People & Culture strategy, operations and program management
- Demonstrated ability to execute on large and complex objectives
- Experience in a large, global business or a diverse business background in complex/global or related industries