The Vice President of Sales & Field Development will be responsible for the development and successful implementation of strategic sales and field initiatives, training, business tools, events, and filed development that drive growth in OPTAVIA.
- Partners with the OPTAVIA President, the internal OPTAVIA team and Field leadership to develop strategic sales, incentive and training initiatives that will lead to growth of the OPTAVIA network.
- Provides leadership, direction and coaching to his/her internal staff and manages the career path, productivity and efficiency of the team to deliver the best results within deadlines and budgets.
- Works closely with the OPTAVIA President to provide the leadership and activities necessary to develop and implement all of the key initiatives though effective communications with the internal OPTAVIA team, the cross-corporate functional teams as well as field leadership.
- Ensures that the right training and development are co-created and fully executed with Field Leaders.
- Manages the ideation, development and execution of successful, financially sound incentives that assist OPTAVIA
- Coaches in growing their businesses.
Creates and executes an annual OPTAVIA Sales & Field
- Development Strategic Plan that includes well-defined initiatives, project plans and financial analysis with associated budgets.
- Represents and executes service excellence that encompasses the OPTAVIA brand identity and best support all field activities.
- Assists with preparing and managing the OPTAVIA Sales & Field Development budget, with ownership of the events and training budgets.
- Plans, executes and oversees the events plan and calendar for various types of event programs throughout the year with excellent execution and within the allotted budget.
- Provides effective leadership, direction and coaching to direct and indirect reports. Motivates, develops and directs team, while encouraging and building mutual trust, respect and teamwork across departments and the organization. Exercises the usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations and terminations.
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA highly preferred.
- 15+ years of business related sales, training field development and supportexperience, especially direct sales and MLM business environments.
- 10+ years of people management experience (15+ people organization) with hands on and strategic management of objectives. Demonstrated ability to build a strong, talented team.
- Successful track record with field development of independent contractors in the US, international a plus.
- Excellent skills required in communication, negotiation, and relationship building with a high emotional intelligence and a proven growth success record.
- Direct selling experience and a deep understanding of the business modelrequired. MLM experience highly preferred.
Strong influencing and negotiation skills a must.
- Proven track record of success in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel at least 35% of the time.
- Broad understanding of all business areas.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with executives, both corporate and field.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including field metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized and focused.
Job ID 2018-2958