Tilson is seeking a VP to lead the operations of Tilson's Telecom services practice. This senior leadership role supports the EVP's implementation of Tilson's strategy into the operational business units. The ideal candidate will have passion for growth while focused on the details. The position is critical in building the teams, processes, structure and culture not just for today, but for where the company will be in a few short years. The VP reports to the EVP of Telecommunications. Key areas of focus include:
- Coaching and mentoring leaders and building high functioning teams
- Supporting daily operations and project execution
- Financial management and planning at the divisional and large program level
- Visionary management of business process and systems evolution
- Culture and safety standard bearer for Tilson
- Lead, coach and develop business line leaders and staff on operational excellence including strong financial management of projects and programs.
- Development and implementation of overall operational strategy for Telecom practice that encompasses 4-6 lines of business and 500+ employees nationwide, growing by 40-60% annually. This includes both short-term and long-term strategic goals and initiatives that align with the overall company and Telecom practice.
- Provide daily operational support and strategic vision to business line Directors.
- Support Executive Vice President with the management of P&L and initiatives that will support growth goals of 40%-60% year over year.
- Provide visionary management around business process, tools, software in conjunction with Tilson's strong information systems department.
- Responsible for the safety, operations, innovation, quality of services provided by the team to its customers and internal stakeholders nationwide.
- Assist in the yearly, monthly, program, and project-based forecasts and measure success against forecast. Deploy solutions to ensure budgets and forecasts are met and changes to forecasts are communicated timely.
- Work with project teams on risk mitigation, evaluation, claims management, and documentation.
- Evaluate overall divisional workforce development strategy and work with VP of Workforce to ensure human resources, training and development plans align with growth objectives and current needs.
- Serve as an additional point of escalation for internal and external stakeholders with decision making authority.
- Responsible for long term strategic plan for customer success, including reporting, on time delivery and overall financial performance for all projects and teams.
- Development and implementation of KPI's for each team including reporting metrics and framework for scalable operations.
- Work with Directors and senior management to ensure development and implementation of processes and tools is aligned with yearly and long-term goals.
- Continuous engagement with all levels of leadership within Telecom practice providing direct support of Tilson's commitment to safety.
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in Business or related degree
- 5+ years' experience in telecommunications industry
- Experience leading national teams at the highest level of an organization
- Experience with high-growth organizations desired but not required
- Demonstrated leadership experience, hands-on management style, with high energy and engagement level
- Unparalleled communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Strategic, analytical, and critical thinking
- Financial management, including construction and engineering job costing
- Program and project Management
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex contracts, scopes of work, and submittals